PTLO Surgery

Old January 4th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default PTLO Surgery

I have an 18 month old Rottie (97 lbs). She had a torn cruciate ligament on
her left rear leg and had PTLO surgery 5 weeks ago. Has anyone had
experience with this procedure and it's probable long term out come.

Thanx,
Lew in South Carolina

Old January 14th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Lew Jernigan" wrote in message ...
I have an 18 month old Rottie (97 lbs). She had a torn cruciate ligament on
her left rear leg and had PTLO surgery 5 weeks ago. Has anyone had
experience with this procedure and it's probable long term out come.

Thanx,
Lew in South Carolina

My Dog Oso likes to chase rabbits. I live in the country. She stepped into a mole hole and torn one of her rear ligaments.

I had the operation performed on her to repair her problem. The Surgon added/moved some ligaments to strengthen both her rear legs. I say both because of the high risk Oso would blow out her "good leg" while chasing with one repaired leg healing. After a painful recovery period for Oso, she healed perfectly and it has been at least 6 years since the surgery. She has had no problems with her legs and she can chase and catch rabbits.

Oso is a Brendled Lab/Retreiver female. 13 years old.

Hope this helps,

** no fate **

dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City