DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog rescue (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rescued Golden Retriever (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=46254)

esmee mckee November 11th 14 08:52 PM

Rescued Golden Retriever

We recently adopted a Golden Retriever male, around 4 years of age. He is very scared, nervous and neurotic right now. I am wondering if this is just because his environment and family are new to him, or if he has been abused? Also, he is scared to come into our house (my husband has to carry him through the doorway, then he is fine) and he follows cars (follows them not chasing them), which worries me. Any advice in these areas?

Carol VanVolkinburg March 2nd 15 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esmee mckee (Post 386544)
We recently adopted a Golden Retriever male, around 4 years of age. He is very scared, nervous and neurotic right now. I am wondering if this is just because his environment and family are new to him, or if he has been abused? Also, he is scared to come into our house (my husband has to carry him through the doorway, then he is fine) and he follows cars (follows them not chasing them), which worries me. Any advice in these areas?

having similar problem with an adopted dog... adopted an American Bulldog... gentle as can be, but cows, acts scared, nervous... just wondering if things have gotten better? your post is from November so just hoping you can give me a few pointers...