DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog behavior (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Thanks all ..... for a Green dog (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4426)

Chris Williams July 17th 03 12:39 AM

Thanks all ..... for a Green dog

'Bout a year ago, when Mac was diagnosed with arthritis and mild
displasia, I asked for suggestions to replace his tree-climbing,
hell-bent-for-leather retrieving, and frisbee. Many suggested scent
training, and we've developed some games from this.
Perhaps the most fun, though is walking through trash strewn areas.
At "Recycle!", Mac scurries about fetching cans and bottles, hustles
them over, and drops them into the bag I carry. He even does glass!
After pictures appeared in our Pawse newsletter, he's been asked to head
the next beach clean-up.
Our dog beach will open next month despite protests from the "dogs are
dirty" people. (Thank doG for an enlightened city council) If the
timing is right, pictures of Mac cleaning up people's trash will appear
with a caption like "Who's dirty?"

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

Tricia9999 July 17th 03 02:03 AM

If the
timing is right, pictures of Mac cleaning up people's trash will appear
with a caption like "Who's dirty?"

Oh please Chris, make this happen. I often marvel at the irony when I go to
parks on a Monday after a nice week-end, where dogs aren't allowed. The glass,
trash, unmentionables, aesthetic hell that the homo sapiens leave behind just
leaves me scratching my head in disbelief.

John F Richardson July 17th 03 03:01 AM

ChrisW writes:

If the timing is right, pictures of
Mac cleaning up people's trash will
appear with a caption like "Who's dirty?"

That'd be fantastic!

JohnR
Pit Bull Libertarian

Never sneer at the power of a little
pink squeaky toy!

Dimpled Chad July 17th 03 12:47 PM

On 16 Jul 2003, John F Richardson opined:

JohnR
Pit Bull Libertarian

Hey John. Welcome back.
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Sometimes the best defense is a skillful surrender.