DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog breeds (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "The Daily Drool" - for basset lovers (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=46856)

[email protected] December 6th 18 08:18 PM

"The Daily Drool" - for basset lovers

I also was a Daily Drool fan way back when I became a Mom to my baby girl Penelope.she was nine when she suddenly passed the day before the Sandy Hook massacre where so many children died. Losing her was beyond my ability to understand, then Sandy Hook happened.I then realized why she she taken from me..
Penelope would go out everyday to wait for the kids to come home from school. She would lay on her back on the sidewalk everyday waiting to get her belly rubbed. Pictures were taken and memories were never forgotten.
It was that day as I was talking to God on my first Daily walk without my babygirl that it hit me. She was taken so she could be there when those children arrived to third new home, she would be there to greet then with her tail wagging and her belly exposed.. Even though I still cry when I think of her and miss her so so much, I smile knowing that she Is there for all children that have been taken away from us and she is making them smile...
I miss you more than life Penelope and wait for the day that you will wake me up with your thumping tail and kisses. Kyle, Ben and I were blessed with your presence in our lives...
Thank you Daily Drool for the laughter,advice and being a part of those wonderful times.❤️❤️

[email protected] June 6th 20 12:09 AM

"The Daily Drool" - for basset lovers

Wow...so emotional and with so much heartfelt love.