DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog health (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   snorting fits (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30797)

Lynne December 27th 06 09:19 PM

snorting fits

Roxy is having occasional snorting fits (every few days). She is also
occasionally doing the classic Looney Tunes snoring routine. She has
always been a snorer, but once in a while she snorts in and then out so
hard her lips flap in the breeze she makes. This and the snorting fits
will go on for a few minutes and then cease. Could this be a sign of a
problem--perhaps something stuck up her nose? Is it time to see the vet
about this? Or, if it was a problem, would it happen with more regularity?

As an aside, my husband's snoring used to bug the **** out of me, but I
find hers cute and soothing as I am drifting off to sleep.

--
Lynne

Lynne December 27th 06 09:20 PM

snorting fits

on Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:19:16 GMT, Lynne
wrote:

Or, if it was a problem, would it happen with more regularity?

I meant "more frequency."

--
Lynne

Lynne December 28th 06 05:11 PM

snorting fits

wrote:

Could this be a sign of a
problem--perhaps something stuck up her nose?

yes? no? maybe?

--
Lynne

shelly December 28th 06 05:28 PM

snorting fits

wrote:

Could this be a sign of a
problem--perhaps something stuck up her nose?

yes? no? maybe?

Are you sure it's not reverse sneezing? It sounds like that could
be what's going on, but there's no way to know without witnessing
it, or of knowing whether or not it's a problem.

http://www.vetinfo.com/drevsnz.html

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Lynne December 28th 06 05:43 PM

snorting fits

on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:28:56 GMT, shelly wrote:

Are you sure it's not reverse sneezing? It sounds like that could
be what's going on, but there's no way to know without witnessing
it, or of knowing whether or not it's a problem.

http://www.vetinfo.com/drevsnz.html

I'm not sure at all what is going on. I think it could be reverse
sneezing. It's happening regularly, but not frequently, and that kind of
fits, but she doesn't seem to be struggling to breathe, so I dunno.

What I really want to understand is if there is the possibility she has
something lodged up her nose or a polyp or something based on these
symptoms.

--
Lynne

shelly December 28th 06 05:50 PM

snorting fits

Lynne wrote:

What I really want to understand is if there is the possibility she has
something lodged up her nose or a polyp or something based on these
symptoms.

That's going to be a question for the vet. Which is, I'm assuming,
why you didn't get any answers to your original post.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Lynne December 28th 06 05:56 PM

snorting fits

on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:50:43 GMT, shelly wrote:

That's going to be a question for the vet. Which is, I'm assuming,
why you didn't get any answers to your original post.

I should stop being lazy and do a google search on this. I know I've seen
it discussed before. And yes, a trip to the vet is in order. I just have
to wait until my kid with mono is well enough for me to leave her side.

Oddly enough, the snorting hasn't happened in 2 days, so it's hard to
believe there could be anything lodged up there. I certainly couldn't tell
by trying to peek with a flashlight, though I do recommend you should try
that with Harriet just for fun. I've never seen Roxy look more appalled.

--
Lynne

shelly December 28th 06 06:04 PM

snorting fits

Lynne wrote:

Oddly enough, the snorting hasn't happened in 2 days, so it's hard to
believe there could be anything lodged up there.

It could be that she had a hair or something like that tickling the
back of her throat. Or it could be something in the environment
that is only affecting her sporadically. Or it could be a hat, or a
brooch, or a pterodactyl...

I certainly couldn't tell
by trying to peek with a flashlight, though I do recommend you should try
that with Harriet just for fun. I've never seen Roxy look more appalled.

Don't worry, I shall be doing so as soon as I get home! I'm
guessing I'll get the "disdainful" look from her, though. There are
times when Miss Brown is No Fun.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Lynne December 28th 06 06:18 PM

snorting fits

on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:04:40 GMT, shelly wrote:

There are
times when Miss Brown is No Fun.

I find that very hard to believe!

--
Lynne

shelly December 28th 06 06:33 PM

snorting fits

Lynne wrote:
on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:04:40 GMT, shelly wrote:

There are times when Miss Brown is No Fun.

I find that very hard to believe!

You should have seen her yesterday. Traveling and visiting wore her
out, and she did nothing but sleep after we got home.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)