DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog behavior (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28095)

diddy September 7th 06 02:08 AM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog

flick September 7th 06 03:15 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog

Judith Althouse September 7th 06 07:09 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog

Thank you Diddy, she was a sweet liitle Border Collie Mix named
Freckles. she was 13 years old and slept with my sister despite the
fact that my sister had to wash bedding almost every day for the last
year. My sister had 8 dogs at one time. She is down to one know, named
Sweetie. I have been teary eyed since last night. Sadly, not just for
my sister and Freckles, but because I look at mine Buck and Lady 13 and
14 and it makes me sad. Buck and Lady got out today and went for a
little jog. That rarely happens and singly they won't leave the yard
but together they were gone.......I am happy for them. Maybe it was a
tribute run!!!!They are crashed out on the floor and probably will be
stiff legged for a couple days, BE FREE...FRECKLES!

Be Free,
Judy

Rocky September 8th 06 03:48 AM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog

(Judith Althouse) said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Thank you Diddy, she was a sweet liitle Border Collie Mix
named Freckles.

I'm very sorry, Judy. Please pass my condolences on to your
sister.

Judith Althouse September 8th 06 07:16 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog (FRECKLE'S ) RIP

Thank you Matt,
I will pass your kind words on. I am a mess. I really can't get it
together. I know it is selfish but the mortality of my dogs is really
hitting me. I can't stop crying. My sister had a Lab that lived to be
18. Maybe I will be so lucky. Thank you again Matt, Flick and Diddy
We are going back to bed. They already think they have died and
gone to heaven. I just can't stop hugging em.

Be Free,
Judy

Rocky September 8th 06 07:41 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog (FRECKLE'S ) RIP

(Judith Althouse) said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I am a mess. I really can't get it
together. I know it is selfish but the mortality of my
dogs is really hitting me. I can't stop crying.

I understand, but your own dogs are probably very confused by
your emotions. Tend to your dogs, appreciate them, and have fun
with them. Good healers, all.

shelly September 8th 06 07:46 PM

Rocky wrote:

I understand, but your own dogs are probably very confused by
your emotions. Tend to your dogs, appreciate them, and have fun
with them. Good healers, all.

I'll whole-heartedly second that. No matter how long they live, the
time will be too short, so enjoy the hell out of them while you can.
Your dogs would prefer it that way, and it will surely make you
happier in the long run.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

sighthounds & siberians September 8th 06 09:04 PM

Judith Althouse wrote:
Thank you Matt,
I will pass your kind words on. I am a mess. I really can't get it
together. I know it is selfish but the mortality of my dogs is really
hitting me. I can't stop crying. My sister had a Lab that lived to be
18. Maybe I will be so lucky. Thank you again Matt, Flick and Diddy
We are going back to bed. They already think they have died and
gone to heaven. I just can't stop hugging em.

Judy,

I've lost three dogs in the past 14 months, and I know I'm going to
lose another one in the next couple of months, and I can tell you that
no matter how long dogs live, or how long we have them for, it is never
long enough. And as I was stupidly surprised to find out this week, no
matter how many times you say goodbye to a dog that has a chronic
health problem or fatal illness, you will never really be prepared to
lose that dog. The best thing you can do for your dogs is to try to
keep your behavior, and your dogs' routine, as close to normal as
possible.

Mustang Sally

Judith Althouse September 9th 06 09:48 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog (FRECKLE'S ) RIP

Matt,
You were so right when you said my dogs didn't understand my hysterics
over my sister's dog's death. They have seen me have crying spells over
the years but this time they just looked at me blankly.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I was wasting my time and
theirs!!!!!!

Be Free,
Judy

Judith Althouse September 9th 06 09:53 PM

Judy's Sister's 13 year old dog (FRECKLE'S ) RIP

Shelly,
Thank you for your sensible, caring input about me crying the blues
over the impending doom of my old dogs who are not even sick. I should
be grateful and I am. We are gonna go swimming tomorrow....and make the
best of however much time we have. You are right on, it is never enough
time.. Thanks, Judy

Be Free,
Judy