DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dogs - general (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Petcare Pet Insurance - negative experience (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16276)

Gina October 27th 03 09:58 PM

Petcare Pet Insurance - negative experience

There have been several threads regarding Pet Insurance and whether it
is worth it to purchase or not. I have recently had a very negative
experience with PetCare Pet Insurance (petcareinsurace.com). I
purchased the senior plan for my Pomeranian and paid the monthly
premiums. When my dog became ill with cancer and I submitted my
claims for nearly $1,000, the insurance company refused to honor the
covered peril. They changed their reasons several times for refusing
to honor my policy. Initially they stated that it was a pre-existing
condition. When my veterinarian sent all records stating otherwise,
they said if he was definately diagnosed, they would pay. Well guess
what, they never paid, the only check I received was for the
euthanasia that was eventually necessary ($30). I submitted several
letters and they were very rude in return. I do not recommend this
company to anybody that is considering Pet Insurance. I do not feel
that they are a legitimate company. I submitted compliants to the
Better Business Bureau, the Insurance Commision, the Attorney
General's office and I also consulted with my legal plan. All felt I
had a good case but I eventually did not pursue legal action because
of the costs involved. It was a learning lesson and a waste of money
to pay the premiums. I would have paid less without the insurance.
Thank you for listening to my frustration, I feel better after venting
and if I can help others from experiencing what I went through, great!