DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog behavior (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fighting (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4485)

Jo Wolf July 19th 03 11:05 PM

Fighting

Hi, Karlie in Kansas.

It's probable that you are right and the baby teeth will need to be
pulled.

Throw out the rawhide. It isn't needed and it isn't really very safe.
I am aware of small dogs that have choked to death on a small wad chewed
off then inhaled... or hav ehad to have surgery to remove a
(comparative, based on size of dog) a wad of it that was obstructing the
bowel or the valve between stomach and intestine.

Toys are much less interesting if all of them are always available. Try
rotating them, leaving out only a few at a time...3-4 maximum. This may
or may not make a difference. I had two dogs that abruptly stopped
playing with toys at age four (no, it didn't happen to both dogs at the
same time; they wre not the same age), and would only play with things
like plastic bottles!

Try some cat toys! Especially things that can be dragged along the
floor and wiggled. These are not the kinds of things to be left down
for her, but for you to play With her.

"Boxing" appears to be her "game". Use it! In addition to getting
hands down there, try wiggling a small rope toy in there with her feet,
to see if she will bat at it. Small soft toys likewise.

She's still quite young. So don't stop trying to entice her to play.
Encourage her to chase you, and to let you chase her. Get down on the
floor on all fours and get into the rump-up play position and see how
she reacts.

At 7 months, if she's still having an occassional piddle accident in the
house, she's about average. She's still quite young!!!!!

Also, don't give up on treats... I have a dog now who wouldn't follow
or actively seek a treat for months! I am still finding treats he used
to refuse that now are Simply Mahvelous, Dahling...

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia