DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog health (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dog heat scent wnated. (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3496)

Bill Hanna August 14th 04 11:19 PM

Dog heat scent wnated.

Hi,

I am doing a bit of experimenting with various scents. Anyone have any
recommendations for good suppliers? In particular dog-in-heat scent?

Thanks

BTW... My email address is valid.
--
Bill

Honor the soldier. Not the war.

Bill Hanna August 14th 04 11:47 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:22:54 -0500, While running hot, diddy
posted:
..
Bill Hanna wrote in
:

Hi,

I am doing a bit of experimenting with various scents. Anyone have any
recommendations for good suppliers? In particular dog-in-heat scent?

Thanks

BTW... My email address is valid.
--
Bill

Honor the soldier. Not the war.

I train tracking dogs. I've VERY interested in what you are doing with
scents.
I always swabbed dogs in heat and stored the cotton balls in the freezer. I
imagine you could get any vet to do swabs and store/collect/keep them for
you.
For a fee, I'm sure,
Now, what are you going to do with them?

Sorry. It is nothing of real interest. I am just trying to assist a
friend
who is doing some grad school experiments.

And because he is hoping to have results worthy of publishing, I cannot
explain much further.

Do you know any good suppliers of scents?

BTW... What do you do with the in-heat scents? Do you use them to try to
distract a tracking dog?

Ron Hardin August 15th 04 12:15 PM

There used to be National Scent Company; I don't know if bitch in heat
was one of the scents (they had stuff like rabbit, deer, ... for
training dogs to track those; I used them to train not to track
anything but the track they started out on, ie. to ignore those).
--
Ron Hardin

Bill Hanna August 15th 04 04:01 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:06:35 -0500, While running hot, diddy
posted:
..
Bill Hanna wrote in
:

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:22:54 -0500, While running hot, diddy
posted:
.
Bill Hanna wrote in
:

http://www.adirondackoutdoor.com/luresinfo.htm

BTW... What do you do with the in-heat scents? Do you use them to try
to distract a tracking dog?

I did. I had an intact male dog. I wanted to keep him on track during
coyote breeding season.
He died a month ago. He was the most reliable, honest, talented dog that I
ever have worked behind.

Very sorry to hear of his loss.

Please email me I want to discuss something in a less public forum.