DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog health (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Feline aids (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18795)

[email protected] January 22nd 05 04:36 PM

Feline aids

My grandmother had around seven or eight stay cats living around her
backyard. One of these cats we decided to keep was urinating blood so
we took it to the vet. He said it had one of the worst bladder
infections he ever saw. Anyways he put it on antibiotics and a special
cat food. It had all of its shots and tests done and everything came up
fine. He just called this morning and said that he did see a very
small amount (almost undetectable) of feline aids in the bloodtest. He
wants to have it tested again in 6-8 weeks. Is this something common
and can be cured? So far we kept it on my grandmothers porch blocked
off from the other cats so they won't catch anything. Thanks for any
help.

Alex

cagney January 22nd 05 07:53 PM

it is contagious, and there is no cure.
I suppose the other cats are infected as
well.
oups.com...

[email protected] January 23rd 05 03:21 AM

I assume you mean Feline Leukemia? I'm sorry- a cat of mine died from
it- first heard of it when he was diagnosed. :-((

kate
check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EvidenceBased/ if you're a
thoughtful parent!

Tirya January 23rd 05 03:33 AM