DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dogs - general (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Age/Weight question (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16332)

Nonanda November 5th 03 05:39 AM

Age/Weight question

At about what age do dogs get their "normal" size/weight?

Diana November 5th 03 10:27 AM

"Nonanda" wrote in message
ink.net...
At about what age do dogs get their "normal" size/weight?

It's breed / breed type and adult size dependant. Small dogs 'grow up' more
quickly physically and can be at adult height by 6 - 8 months whereas larger
dogs can take 18months to 2 years to reach their adult size.

In our pup class their is a golden retriever that is a week or two younger
than my weim. Though my weim has a lot of growing to do and she's very much
'all legs and paws, she is already looking 'adult' shaped in the body and
face whereas the GR has a very 'puppy' face about him.

Diana