DogBanter

DogBanter (http://www.dogbanter.com/index.php)
-   Dog behavior (http://www.dogbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin? (http://www.dogbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24095)

NotGiven December 19th 05 11:16 PM

what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of dosage?
thanks

[email protected] December 19th 05 11:18 PM

what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

0

[email protected] December 20th 05 12:50 AM

NotGiven wrote:
can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

NotGiven December 20th 05 01:07 AM

what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

wrote in message
oups.com...

NotGiven wrote:
can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of
dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

Thanks Glenn. It seems that every time my dog walks in the vet's office,
they try to do lots of tests and run the bill past $200, for any visit!

FurPaw December 20th 05 01:31 AM

what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

NotGiven wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NotGiven wrote:

can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of
dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

Thanks Glenn. It seems that every time my dog walks in the vet's office,
they try to do lots of tests and run the bill past $200, for any visit!

The dose would depend on the size of your dog.

FurPaw

--
"Don't believe everything that you think."
- Seen on a bumper sticker

To reply, unleash the dog