Showing results 1 to 25 of 127
Search took 3.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shadow Walker
Forum: Dog behavior May 25th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 8
Posted By Shadow Walker
"What's that smell...?"

Just keep a catalog of their around your house. With all the different
scents they have it would almost be impossible to find the one if not
multiple ones he likes. You could spend a fortune...
Forum: Dog health May 25th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 6
Posted By Shadow Walker
"What's that smell...?"

Just keep a catalog of their around your house. With all the different
scents they have it would almost be impossible to find the one if not
multiple ones he likes. You could spend a fortune...
Forum: Dog health May 22nd 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 6
Posted By Shadow Walker
Our Sheltie's Mystery Limp

Dogs are stoic creatures and do not let on to how much pain they are in
until it is too unbearable then they cry. A pulled muscle, a strained
ligament or cartilage damage would not show up on an...
Forum: Dog health May 22nd 07, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 10
Posted By Shadow Walker
Frontline Plus overdose?

According to a website I read, its ok to do 2 applications of Frontline
Plus in less than a month. Is this accurate info?

I wouldn't not administer another dose. I have had to bath my dogs the...
Forum: Dog health May 22nd 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 2
Posted By Shadow Walker
Coughing dog

Do not give your dogs people medication unless the vet says it's ok. A lot
of meds we use are poisonous to dogs.
It's probably an upper respitiry infection or kennel cough, eighther way
separate...
Forum: Dog health May 15th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.pets.dogs,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 23
Posted By Shadow Walker
When is the right time?

Quality of life is when what you used to enjoy is no longer an option. Long
walks to no walks , playing ball to no interest, cuddling to aloofness.
Basically hurts too much to do what used to be...
Forum: Dog health May 2nd 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 1
Posted By Shadow Walker
death of my baby :(

Researching what the shots were and why they were given may help.
Firstly, think about the dogs age and breed.
Secondly, is this going to make you feel better or bitter. Are you prepaired
if the...
Forum: Dog behavior May 1st 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 2
Posted By Shadow Walker
rabies

Google it and your desire for stories, pictures and all that will be
furfilled.

"Dwayne Johnson" wrote in message
i was...
Forum: Dog behavior May 1st 07, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 30
Posted By Shadow Walker
Coyotes and dogs

Any were there are free roaming predators on four legs is a place to be
concerned. A dog is a pack animal and if alone is considered a prey animal
to two or more carnivores that are around the same...
Forum: Dog behavior May 1st 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 30
Posted By Shadow Walker
Coyotes and dogs

Is that not why rabies vaccines are given to dogs? Not saying I want
my dogs to be exposed to rabies, or a coyote for that matter, but I
certainly do not have to be paranoid that it could...
Forum: Dog behavior April 26th 07, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 2
Posted By Shadow Walker
Old dog wont stop peeing on carpet

If your dog has been licking her privet area excessively she definitely has
something going on. Has she peed in front of you? If so did she sniff out
the place and squat or did she just start...
Forum: Dog breeds April 25th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Replies: 6
Posted By Shadow Walker
Help to identify dog's breeds

She looks to have some husky in her that would explain the markings on her
face that turn light almost white and the coat type seems very thick and
kinda kinky or wavy in the individual hairs. The...
Forum: Dog breeds April 25th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Replies: 2
Posted By Shadow Walker
Cocker Spaniel dies of heart attack at age 26

My parents had a dog for 22 years. They guessed he had cocker in him hence
the bad attitude. He was a gem though.

"Steven Stone" wrote in message...
Forum: Dog health April 25th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 31
Posted By Shadow Walker
FDA to test human food for melamine

Why not they feed cows sheep and ended up with mad cow disease. What do you
think they do with all those euthanized pets at shelters, chicken farms,
turkey farms and the list goes on. These animals...
Forum: Dog health April 25th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 31
Posted By Shadow Walker
FDA to test human food for melamine

Well if the pigs were fed crops exposed to this stuff of course they would
be contaminated with it, and than we eat them and become contaminated with
it.

"FurPaw" wrote...
Forum: Dog behavior April 24th 07, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 9
Posted By Shadow Walker
My Dog Killed a small squirrel

I have a Collie German Shepherd Mix and she kills all small animals that are
not cats, small dogs or caged. If they are caged she treats them different
mostly ignoring their very existence, until...
Forum: Dog behavior April 24th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 6
Posted By Shadow Walker
How to stop dog chewing ABS cable?

You could rap it in duck tape with hot peppers stuck to the glue or you
could build the dog a decent sized pen to keep him from getting poisoned or
eventually run over from lack of...
Forum: Dog behavior April 24th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 24
Posted By Shadow Walker
Dog urine and grass...

You can rake all the brown dead stuff up and away from the roots so the sun
can get to the soil and warm the roots.
You will need a few things like, water, Palmolive lemon dish washing liquid,
a...
Forum: Dog health April 13th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 11
Posted By Shadow Walker
Dog doesn't want to eat, drink, or go out, when at my house.

As dogs get older and they suffer from arthritis it can be extremely painful
to climb up and down stairs. Even pain killer doesn't always help. Eye sight
and hearing as well as her sense of smell...
Forum: Dog health April 13th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 5
Posted By Shadow Walker
Dog collapsing and recovering quickly

Did you tell the vet about these attacks? Did they start before or after the
medication? If so and all they did was give you a pill you need to take your
dog to another vet. Has your dog been...
Forum: Dog breeds April 13th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Replies: 16
Posted By Shadow Walker
New Beagle pup not playful only wants to sleep

Hi, we have a "new to us" 10 month old beagle pup, we got him a few
days ago from a local pound. So far most things are progressing well,
currently our only concern is that the pup doesn't...
Forum: Dog rescue April 12th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Replies: 2
Posted By Shadow Walker
My 3 yr old beagle poops in the house!

Has any new activity happened in your house, new people living with you that
sort of thing. Changing food can just make to problem worse if you do it to
quickly. Try not feeding past 6 pm and take...
Forum: Dogs - general April 12th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Shadow Walker
how do i take care of great danes

Please if you are considering such a thing you really should go to your
local pounds, Google rescues online, visit the SPCA and look at all the
homeless animals. You should ask how many are...
Forum: Dog behavior April 2nd 07, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 8
Posted By Shadow Walker
Let me add to that....

Make sure your trainer has experience in dealing with dogs with
posttraumatic stress disoders.

"Shadow Walker" wrote in message...
Forum: Dog behavior April 2nd 07, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 8
Posted By Shadow Walker
start over post - fear in a german shepherd pup. Help!

Give her time. Keep socializing her and just take it slow. She is scared
because it happened twice not once but twice.
If you stop taking her to the park she will start to turn all that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 127