Showing results 1 to 25 of 214
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Spot[_2_]
Forum: Dog health March 5th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 49
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Communicating with GSD going deaf

It's wonderful that he has an owner now who spoils him..........:)

Things are like that with Buddy. He was clearly abused before we got him
and major trust issues. Now that I know he trust me...
Forum: Dog health March 4th 09, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 49
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Communicating with GSD going deaf

Teach her hand signals. Lots of deaf dogs do just fine using hand signals.
http://www.dfordog.com/deafdogs_signals.htm

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for...

This sure come in hand when entering a dark house you could send him in
ahead to turn the lights on for you.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for...
Forum: Dog health February 28th 09, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 23
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Lurcher tails

I had a doberman who had a torn ear that wouldn't heal he kept opening it
and bleeding. As a last resort my vet had me use crazy glue on the spot.
He lost a lot of hair on the ear while we were...
Forum: Dog behavior February 14th 09, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Eating Grass

My Gabby likes to nibble on new grass and enjoys eating it. Buddy & Lady on
the other hand only eats grass when they have an upset stomach and need to
bring up what ever is bothering...
Forum: Dog behavior February 11th 09, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 3
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Why bother

Toys are just no fun until every piece of stuffing has been pulled from
them. We still have pieces of a Teddy Bear from last Easter in the yard that
they play with. Just when I think it's all gone...
Forum: Dog behavior February 9th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 22
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Puppy update

With Gabby I put in a stuffed animal the same size as her littermates. She
would lay down with her head on it and go right to sleep then.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7...
Forum: Dog health February 4th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I had a dog who had both his knees done later in life when they blew out one
at age 7 the other at 9. I should have had them done when he was younger
and we first discovered that he had luxating...
Forum: Dog health January 28th 09, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 19
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Amish Country Pork Ribs and Sauerkraut

NO, it's not safe to give dogs cooked bones they will splinter.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

Have you mentioned to his vet that this occurs when he's on a higher dose?
Maybe there is another medication that can be used with out the side effects
this one has?

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more...
Forum: Dog health January 21st 09, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's good that towards the end of his life he
had a couple years of happiness and got to know true love.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay...
Forum: Dog behavior January 21st 09, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 30
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Zack 1997-2008 Rip Little buddy

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's good that towards the end of his life he
had a couple years of happiness and got to know true love.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay...
Forum: Dog health January 19th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 37
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Sudden changes

Buddy gets like this if I bring grocerys home and set them on the floor in
the kitchen. He will stop on the porch and refuse to come back into the
house until I pick the bags up off the floor. ...
Forum: Dog behavior January 19th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 7
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Beagle Problem

Take the dog to the vets. He has some sort of abcess that need cared for.
Letting these go is abuse.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with...
Forum: Dog behavior January 15th 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 6
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Muttley the Retriever

It took a while for Gabby to get the idea of it. She still won't play fetch
outside but she's decided it's kind of fun to play it inside.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ...
Forum: Dog health January 12th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Yes they are and I've personally been through them. I had a kidney
transplant and for 10 years I took prednisolone. It took me well over a
year to wean down from 7.5mg daily (not a large dose...
Forum: Dog behavior January 10th 09, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 53
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Our adopted Lab mix is biting

Well if you don't want to use the kennel for this then I would put her
somewhere she will be alone, like in another room by herself where she isn't
getting any attention. The idea is to take away...
Forum: Dog health January 10th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 26
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Prednisolone reduction in dog - can you help?

DO NOT cut the dose quicker then the vet tells you to. Dropping this med
too soon can cause worse problems than you have right now.

Take the time and do it correctly!!!!!!!!!!!

Celeste

--
Save...
Forum: Dog behavior January 9th 09, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 53
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Our adopted Lab mix is biting

Diddy is correct you need a trainer that knows what they are doing. For now
when she gets rough I would give her a good strong NO and put her in her
kennel till she settles down and keep at it...
Forum: Dog behavior January 7th 09, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 4
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Sick and Sad

Do you think he might respond to the tone on an e-collar. I have a beagle
mix who I got that was abused even after 3 years with us he's still hand
shy. I didn't want to use this on him but he...
Forum: Dog behavior January 6th 09, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 4
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Sick and Sad

I would reply and say yes but only if they let you use it on them first.

I don't have a problem with these if they are used correctly. Obviously
this woman does not know what that is.

Celeste

--...
Forum: Dog behavior January 1st 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 25
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Happy Birthday Reka!

Diddy,

According to my vet a 45 to 50 pound dog drinks 6 to 8 cups of water a day.
My dogs each drink this much about every day. I fill two 96 ounce bowl each
day of with water and they drink all...
Forum: Dog behavior December 31st 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 5
Posted By Spot[_2_]
i can't believe this:

It would be a green snow in hell before any of my dogs left me strap this
contraption to their behind. I can't believe someone would even come up
with something like this.

Celeste

--
Save 25%...
Forum: Dog behavior December 24th 08, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years since I went and picked up Buddy
at a co-workers home. In that time he's went from being a scared abused dog
to a wonderful pal.

He's still untrusting...
Forum: Dog behavior December 20th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 9
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Update on Ruby housebreaking

This is good news, you are on the right track with the tethering.

I have trained all my dogs this way and they are all reliable and will
actually come get me when they want out regardless of where...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 214