Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: canisfamiliaris
Forum: Dog behavior July 23rd 12, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 5
Posted By canisfamiliaris
barking huskies!

On 19 jul, 09:57, Askew wrote:
I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual understanding
with each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They...
Forum: Dog behavior July 18th 12, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Multi-dog households

On 17 jul, 18:57, sighthounds & siberians wrote:

Is Rug still with you? *That would be a perfectly descriptive name for
a lot of Borzoi. How old are Tilly and Conor? *We are...
Forum: Dog behavior July 18th 12, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Multi-dog households

On 17 jul, 13:55, "Alison" wrote:

*Say hello to Wendy ! She was a great help when I did my Think cat course in 2003.
* *Sarah Whitehead seperated from COAPE and...
Forum: Dog behavior July 17th 12, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Multi-dog households

On 16 jul, 21:22, sighthounds & siberians wrote:

Good article. *I only vaguely remember this - when was the information
collected here?

Sally Hennessey

Think it was 2003,...
Forum: Dog behavior July 16th 12, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Multi-dog households

Old-timers may recognise some of the people mentioned in the
acknowledgements in this article. This started out as a research
project, resulting in 'Owners Experiences of Multi-dog Households.'
That...
Forum: Dog behavior July 16th 12, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 1
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Dog walkers' etiquette

On 16 jul, 01:08, "Alison" wrote:

*Seasoned dog walkers or not , many can't or won't...
Forum: Dog behavior July 11th 12, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 3
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Dog walkers' etiquette

On 9 jul, 20:25, (Jo Wolf) wrote:

The first thing I tell a newbie owner is NO Flexi-lead. *The second is carry and use a poop scoop bag. *Then I hand them a 4-foot lead and tell...
Forum: Dog behavior July 9th 12, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 3
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Dog walkers' etiquette

On 6 jul, 06:48, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
I think it kinda depends on how many dogs the person is walking at a time...... *I've seen videos of dog walkers in NYC *with as many as 12 or...
Forum: Dog behavior July 7th 12, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 5
Posted By canisfamiliaris
surreptitious use of soft objects

On 5 jul, 20:04, wrote:
Thank you Jo and Alison for your advice.

Actually, the dog I was speaking of was from my childhood. *I bring up
the subject because I have the...
Forum: Dog behavior July 3rd 12, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 2
Posted By canisfamiliaris
The Economist: Man’s best friend -- Can dogs really show empathy towards humans?

On 2 jul, 15:06, Opinicus
wrote:
"DOGS quickly become part of the family. Tales abound of dog celebrating joy in a household or commiserating when tragedy...
Forum: Dog behavior July 3rd 12, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 5
Posted By canisfamiliaris
surreptitious use of soft objects

On 2 jul, 20:34, wrote:
I always thought my dog was obedient and well behaved and not sneaky, but eventually I realized that when I was out she would jump up on the couch or...
Forum: Dog behavior June 28th 12, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

On 27 jun, 18:43, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

He is just so brilliantly laid back all of the time, you can trust him
completely with strange adults and especially...
Forum: Dog behavior June 27th 12, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

see if this works ... the article is full text in pubmed, found it
looking for Gacsi and using the title
Alison
Forum: Dog behavior June 27th 12, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

On 27 jun, 08:06, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
No, I can't recall more about that article on dogs and TV. *I read about it as a science news article.... *The emphasis was that the dogs with...
Forum: Dog behavior June 26th 12, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

On 26 jun, 06:22, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
(...) Dogs that are more likely to watch television, and recognize images are those with a shorter muzzle and eyes placed forward. *This with...
Forum: Dog behavior June 25th 12, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

On 22 jun, 16:59, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Indeed, I was surprised at just how the intelligence or cleverness of brother and sister are so different. When unable...
Forum: Dog behavior June 25th 12, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 5
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Great ideas to do with your dog!

On 25 jun, 07:57, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
Right. *Onions and that entire family of vegetables, to include leeks
and garlic, cause a hemolytic (red bood cells fall apart) anemia that...
Forum: Dog behavior June 22nd 12, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

On 21 jun, 22:55, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
.. Our Lexi (brother of the dog we presently have), at six months
taught herself to open doors by pulling the handles...
Forum: Dog behavior June 20th 12, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 12
Posted By canisfamiliaris
clever dog

hope this link works. If it does, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXpjX4l0hRg&feature=share
alison 8the other one)
Forum: Dog health June 15th 12, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 4
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Disease/pest prevalence in US in dogs/cats

On 3 jun, 06:52, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
Some people without cash. *More who are stupid..... or lazy. *{grin}

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

The biggest problem we have here in...
Forum: Dog behavior June 14th 12, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 14
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Behaviour odd

On 13 jun, 22:05, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

I am able to interact with him very rarely, he normally doesn't want to know - he just ignores my best attempts most of...
Forum: Dog behavior June 14th 12, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 14
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Behaviour odd

On 13 jun, 19:47, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
Don't confuse Collies (rough or smooth) with Border Collies. *Very
different personalities and temperaments.... *Very different
intelligence...
Forum: Dog behavior June 13th 12, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 14
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Behaviour odd

On 13 jun, 12:54, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
It is just some dogs. He goes up to them all friendly, but if they prove not to be friendly he then flies at them. He...
Forum: Dog behavior June 12th 12, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 14
Posted By canisfamiliaris
Behaviour odd

On 8 jun, 17:57, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Male border colley crossed newfoundland, coming up to 7 years old. We
have had him for coming upto 2.5years. He is big...
Forum: Dog behavior June 4th 12, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 7
Posted By canisfamiliaris
sound phobia research - LONG

On 3 jun, 06:50, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
The MDs have fallen into the same drug trap as the vets.....
Prescription of "feel good" drugs is hot and heavy.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38