Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rocky[_2_]
Forum: Dog behavior May 12th 10, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 50
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
More Muttley Video Clips

"starcat" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

On 11 May 2010 05:49:08 GMT, Rocky
wrote:

starcat, please watch your attributions. Other than my...
Forum: Dog behavior May 11th 10, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 18
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Who is the boss ?

sonofdog said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

BOOSHOD IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER - Consider it from
the dogs point of view. He sleeps where he wants, he eats
when he wants, he...
Forum: Dog behavior May 11th 10, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 23
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Feeding a dog

"Paul E. Schoen" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iYxGWkOWEM

You're not consistent in your aversives or releases.

--
--Matt.
Forum: Dog behavior May 11th 10, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"starcat" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Paul has rescued Muttley, which is great, that's true. But
I suspect all of us here have done the same many times.

Not me,...
Forum: Dog behavior May 7th 10, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 141
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Query, bicycle riding and dogs running beside

"cshenk" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

"Dogman" wrote

http://www.springeramerica.com/

AWESOME!

Check your city by-laws. Mine allows riding with your dogs...
Forum: Dog behavior May 7th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 50
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
More Muttley Video Clips

"Paul E. Schoen" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkZPE1Lp6c

Good negative example of attention work. Towards the end
(2:40), Muttley...
Forum: Dog behavior May 6th 10, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

"Phyrie" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

What is OC? I can see you all know what it is, but I
don't. Sorry.

Operant conditioning. Google skinner operant...
Forum: Dog behavior May 6th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

On 6 May 2010 01:34:13 GMT, Rocky
wrote:

sighthounds & siberians said...
Forum: Dog behavior May 6th 10, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

But we weren't talking about OC terms; we were specifically
talking about the word "discipline".

Which Alison seemed to...
Forum: Dog behavior May 5th 10, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Words do have different meanings in different places and to
different people. Sometimes the differences are due to
Forum: Dog behavior May 5th 10, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
training (was Muttley on YouTube!)

Mary Healey said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I realize that screwed up timing results in screwed up
training whatever the technique or tools you misuse.

Click.

(Yes, my...
Forum: Dog behavior May 5th 10, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

Dogman said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

The great battle between nature and nurture? Good
nurturing (proper puppy Socialization, etc.) will greatly
enhance the chances of a...
Forum: Dog behavior May 4th 10, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 207
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Muttley on YouTube!

"Paul E. Schoen" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Muttley does not like to play.

Some dogs need to be taught to play. When that lightbulb comes
on, it's pretty...
Forum: Dog behavior May 4th 10, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

In this area, to the west of London, a dog walker cost
between œ6 to œ8 pound per hour which I think is fair.

I'm...
Forum: Dog behavior May 3rd 10, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

Avid Fan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Escaping? Make your place the best place to be. That
includes making rules and boundries understood.

Mistakes never happen -...
Forum: Dog behavior April 30th 10, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

Avid Fan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I don't think prong collars are cruel, either, and neither
did my huskies. Yet some people insist they are.

I don't know they...
Forum: Dog behavior April 30th 10, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

Avid Fan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Fido. Come.

And that works 100% of the time does it?

With my dogs, yes it has.

--
--Matt.
Forum: Dog behavior April 30th 10, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

Avid Fan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Your dog "sneaks out" because she hasn't been TRAINED not
to sneak out, for crissakes!

Ok how do you do that?

Sneaking out? I...
Forum: Dog behavior April 27th 10, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 196
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
TazLab safety stretch collar, free Muttley, and EZ Walk harness

Avid Fan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

What the hell. Paul tried to get him. I can't out run my
dog - can you?

Fido. Come.

--
--Matt.
Forum: Dog health April 27th 10, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

(Kterl email) said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

What I would like - is to find a human-type of what I have
found for the dogs. Don't know why they don't make a human
style ---have...
Forum: Dog behavior April 23rd 10, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 10
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Crate Training

"cshenk" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

It seems all the rage now.

Rage now? I've been proselytizing them for years and junped on
the "fad" about 15 years ago.

I look after...
Forum: Dog behavior April 23rd 10, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 47
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Oksana the Borzoi

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I remember having one; there are both pros and cons. But
if the right rescue dog of the right age came along,
mightn't...
Forum: Dog behavior April 23rd 10, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 47
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Oksana the Borzoi

(William Clodius) said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I hope I'm misreading, but to me this reads as if Friday
and Rocky are gone. I hope concolences aren't in...
Forum: Dog behavior April 23rd 10, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 47
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Oksana the Borzoi

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Thanks, Matt. It's good to see you back here.

I've always checked into .heath, but this is my first foray back
here. It's...
Forum: Dog behavior April 22nd 10, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 47
Posted By Rocky[_2_]
Oksana the Borzoi

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDi6uxBcmtA

Nice! You're going to have a lot of fun with Oksana.

--
--Matt.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500