Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil L
Forum: Dog health July 2nd 13, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil L
Strange behavior (seizure?)

Alison Genet wrote:
I have a yorkie male 1yr 1/2 he will suddenly start running around the
house absolutely scared to death, ears back tail down. During this
time can be anywhere from 2 hrs to...
Forum: Dog health June 18th 12, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil L
joint pain

cshenk wrote:

No problem Phil and if the pills are easier and cheaper in your case
than the powder, by all means use them!

It;s much better to save the spare #'s and use that to add a bit...
Forum: Dog health June 12th 12, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil L
joint pain

cshenk wrote:
snip

Aunti Mabel, youngest Vet age estimate now is 15 (we call Thanksgiving
her birthday so 16 before long). Heartworm but no apparent lingering
systemic damage, arthritis. ...
Forum: Dog health June 9th 12, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil L
joint pain

Phil L wrote:
border collie 7 years old.

Thanks for the info all.

I have started her on 500mg daily of glucosamine sulphate (sulfate) which
were mine.
I'll not bother with any fish oils just...
Forum: Dog health June 5th 12, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil L
joint pain

border collie 7 years old.
she's a very active dog who likes to excercise all the time, that is to say,
she's never still, she's always running.
Recently I've noticed she's carrying one or other of...
Forum: Dog health February 12th 12, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil L
Food issue..... LONG

Jo Wolf wrote:

Go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com and do some serious reading.

Those are all American dog foods and I've never heard of any of the 6 star
or 5 star rated ones.
A few of the 1...
Forum: Dog health December 12th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil L
Open Sores on dogs back

mstiltz wrote:
Hello, My 6 year old female black lab/pointer mix developed a skin
rash about 5 weeks ago. It started as oily scaly skin and then
thickened to an elephant like appearance. The...
Forum: Dog health August 10th 10, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 35
Posted By Phil L
Dry Pet Food Linked to Salmonella in Kids

Phil L wrote:
Char wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/09/health/main6755580.shtml

Fido's food may be making kids sick, a government report warns,
detailing the first known...
Forum: Dog health August 10th 10, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Char wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/09/health/main6755580.shtml

Fido's food may be making kids sick, a government report warns,
detailing the first known salmonella outbreak in...
Forum: Dog health July 16th 10, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil L
I have a question about the health of dogs

jalexa9898 wrote:
Ok I am not by a longshot an expert in dogs. Or for that matter
an expert in how to keep dogs in good health but I have a question due
to the vacation I am taking next...
Forum: Dog health September 1st 09, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil L
Ibuprofen is Deadly to Pets,By Patrick Miles, DVM

Paul E. Schoen wrote:
"Char" wrote in message

The Animal Poison Control Center can be reached at (888)...
Forum: Dog health August 31st 09, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil L
sick dog

wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:05:24 -0700 (PDT), jo
wrote:

She also has some type of rare kidney imparement that seems
to cause her to get...
Forum: Dog health July 1st 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 44
Posted By Phil L
What's the best food for your Dog?

chardonnay9 wrote:
Phil L wrote:

Even though it's debatable as to whether dogs are true carnivores,
facultative carnivores or omnivores, either way they cannot live on
meat alone,...
Forum: Dog health June 30th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 44
Posted By Phil L
What's the best food for your Dog?

chardonnay9 wrote:
Phil L wrote:

Yes, carnivorous means meat eater, but if you feed any meat eater
nothing but meat, it will eventually starve to death,

What planet does that happen...
Forum: Dog health June 29th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 44
Posted By Phil L
What's the best food for your Dog?

chardonnay9 wrote:
Phil L wrote:
chardonnay9 wrote:
lovedemdogs wrote:
Hi,

I am a new dog owner and would really love to find out what's the
best food or type of...
Forum: Dog health June 28th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

chardonnay9 wrote:
lovedemdogs wrote:
Hi,

I am a new dog owner and would really love to find out what's the
best food or type of food
for my beautiful dog. :)

Thanks!
Forum: Dog health April 14th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil L
Oppie

FurPaw wrote:
Spent the day at the vet today with Oppie, and it's not good.

Very sorry to hear this, but I'll bet he's had a good life and that's a lot
more than many dogs ever have a chance...
Forum: Dog health April 14th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil L
In case you're wondering ...

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
I asked a question about a diet

I believe I answered your...
Forum: Dog health April 14th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil L
In case you're wondering ...

kat wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
Melinda Shore wrote:
In article...
Forum: Dog health April 14th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil L
In case you're wondering ...

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
how is this of any
help whatsoever to dogs' health, when a proper...
Forum: Dog health April 13th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil L
In case you're wondering ...

Rocky wrote:
"Phil L" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

It won't make any difference, the group has been destroyed
long ago by idiots on opposite sides of the food...
Forum: Dog health April 12th 09, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil L
In case you're wondering ...

Michael wrote:
In case you're wondering - this is my boyfriends email - and my name
is Sarah - not Michael!!

It won't make any difference, the group has been destroyed long ago by
idiots on...
Forum: Dog health April 7th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 18
Posted By Phil L
My new page about dog's

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
Does the word 'irony' mean nothing to you? - do you think it's like
Forum: Dog health April 7th 09, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 18
Posted By Phil L
Pancreatitis

Charley Sante wrote:
HOWEDY phil l,

"Phil L" wrote in message
Charley Sante wrote: Big snipola

'no...
Forum: Dog health April 6th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 18
Posted By Phil L
Pancreatitis

Charley Sante wrote: