How to Introduce Yourself to a Dog

Old July 17th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default How to Introduce Yourself to a Dog

Dogs are the best people, so it's only natural to want to smother them
with affection when you greet them for the first time. Most of them are
too nice to say it, but this is actually a terrible way to introduce
yourself to a dog. Here's a better way to make a good first impression.

Read more...

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-introd...dog-1794744432

--

Eduardo
Arte-Cultura-Lusofonia
Old July 18th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Internetado wrote:

Dogs are the best people, so it's only natural to want to smother
them with affection when you greet them for the first time. Most of
them are too nice to say it, but this is actually a terrible way to
introduce yourself to a dog. Here's a better way to make a good first
impression.

Read more...

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-introd...dog-1794744432

I like that Eduardo!

Hey, were are you from? Not 'details' but just in general? I'm from
the USA, in an area called 'Virginia Beach'. That's along the East
coast if not familiar with here. Pretty big city. I took in a
friend's elderly Great Dane when he passed away from Covid. I've
always had Beagles before that (mixed breed, 1 pedigree elder rescue)
so he's been interesting to say the least! Fortunately he likes my 2
elderly cats.

Carol