Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

Old November 16th 19, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

All dogs have the potential to show this same type of behavior. I’m reminded of a friend with a Great Pyrenees that had a wonderful relationship with his goat, until one day after the goat was diagnosed with some sort of ear infection the dog chewed that ear off the goat. The dog was found chewing the goats ear in yard and when the owner saw this along with the goat laying there he went to check out the situation. The dog didn’t just chewy the ear off the goat, but had actually chewed the ear all the way to the brain which killed the goat. I live in rural country with many farms. Next door is another Great Pyrenees that was decided he took a liking to the cows rather than to watch after the goats which he was actually bought to mind, but could careless about the goats. They have a Lab that they have to keep away from the goats because each time they have a male goat he will attack and kill it. Sometimes I think we could be reading into it too much and expecting too much from our canines regardless their breed, training, and/or relationship with their owners. Don’t take your dog’s actions personally. It’s not breed specific on aggression either. I’m certain your dog loves you, but he’s got his own personality too. There are people no matter how well they were raised that end up being aggressive. Animals do have their own personality. Nature or nurture always seems to be the subject matter no matter the species. Don’t beat your dogs up, but also don’t beat yourself up either! I don’t think we should ever put 100% trust into person or beast. Will it ever happen again? We only thought we had control in the first place concerning matters, but to have the dog put down we will definitely never know. I currently have about a 2 year old male pitbull laying next to me in bed right now along with a chihuahua and a papihuahua. We didn’t buy this dog it just showed up nearly dead under our front porch last year. I had a a female pitbull which we did buy and raised with a Pomeranian they never had any troubles either. I think the biggest trouble we cause is when we forget the dog is a dog and we don’t really have all control of who they are. I’m Native American we have lived alongside animals especially dogs and horses, but we never pretended to actually own any, because I don’t really think we can “own” living creatures, so I used the term “your dog” or “my dog” loosely. It’s been my experience with the pitbull breed that they are highly intelligent and high sensitive dogs. Take it easy. The more you relax the more your dog will follow your lead. I’m sorry for your loss and pain. All life returns to the Creator of life. Peace, love and understanding 💕