Mmm-mmm, good!

Old December 5th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior, rec.pets.dogs.health, alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.breeds, alt.animals.dog

Default Mmm-mmm, good!

IChewedThroughMyRestraints_HelpMePryTheBarsOffTheW indow
Wrote In A Semi-Lucid Moment:

HOWEDY kathleen you pathetic miserable stinkin dog
horse an child abusin punk thug coward active accute
chronic life long incurable malignant mental case,

I really ain't got time to be settin arHOWEND right NHOWE
what with the search party from the mental institute hot on my
trail, but I couldn't heelp but notice you could be poisoning your
dogs an figgered this INFORMATION would make you FEEL
GOOD:

"Kathleen" wrote in message news:hVA5j.

With every post you imbeciles prove my points incredibly better each
time!

I normally feed all three dogs Diamond Adult Premium dry dog food,

ALL commercial dog food is GARBAGE:

FDA: Contaminated Diamond Pet Food Company
Dog Food Killed 23 Dogs, Sickened 18

Aflotoxin; An EZily PREVENTABLE DEATHLY mold
caused by MISHANDLING at food manufacturing facilities:

Aflotoxin, a type of mycotoxin, is produced by the organism,
Aspergillus flavus. The fungus usually occurs on peanuts,
corn, and wheat that have been improperly stored and where
the temperature and humidity favor its growth.

Friday, December 30, 2005

WASHINGTON - Contaminated dog food which was sold in
22 states killed nearly two dozen dogs and sickened 18 more,
the Food and Drug Administration said Friday.
The deaths and illnesses sparked an FDA investigation into the
pet food made by the Diamond Pet Food Company at its Gaston,
S.C., manufacturing plant.

The FDA said so far 23 animal deaths have been linked to the pet
food. The company, based in Beta, Mo., issued a recall of 19
varieties of dog and cat food on Dec. 21 because some of the pet
food made at the Gaston facility was discovered to contain aflatoxin.

Aflatoxin, a naturally occurring chemical that comes from a fungus
sometimes ground on corn and other crops, can cause severe liver
damage. Aflatoxin poisoning can cause sluggishness, a lack of
appetite and in severe cases severe vomiting, fever and jaundice.

The recalled pet food was sold in 23 states under the brand names
Diamond, Country Value and Professional, and bears the date codes
of March 1, 2007, through June 11, 2007. Consumers are asked to
immediately stop using the product.

Last week, Tony Caver, the state veterinarian in South Carolina,
said that state has five presumed cases linked to aflatoxin, including
three fatalities.

Seven dogs from the Rochester, N.Y., area were being treated at
Cornell University Hospital for Animals for liver disease and failure
after eating contaminated food, said university spokeswoman Sabina
Lee.

An area veterinarian discovered the link after
three dogs died in the area, she said.

In a Dec. 20 press release, the company said it had notified
distributors
to hold up the further sale of Diamond pet food that had used corn.
The next day it ordered the recall.

"To ensure we got all the affected product or potential to be
affected,
we cast a very wide net with the recall," Diamond spokesman Jim
Fallon said Friday. He said the company is conducting tests and has
set up a consumer information center, open seven days a week, to
handle consumer questions.

"We are working with customers and their vets to confirm a link
between the pet food and the pet's illnesses," he said. "Our whole
focus is saving pets' lives and doing the right thing."

The company said it was analyzing retained samples of all of the
affected pet food products in Gaston in an attempt to isolate
specific
lot numbers that were impacted and provide the information to
distributors, retailers and customers.

In the United States, the pet food was distributed to stores in
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky,
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire,
New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania,
Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia,
Vermont, and Virginia.

The FDA said some of the recalled product had been exported
to at least 29 countries, including several in the European Union.

Those countries have been notified, the agency said.

There are brands made by Diamond but packaged under
other names that folks should be aware of. From their website:

Products Included in the Recall
Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Professional for Adult Dogs
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy
Country Value Adult Dog Food
Country Value High Energy Dog Food
Country Value Adult Cat Food
Professional Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
Professional Adult Cat Food

supplemented with veggies, fruits and the occasional
raw marrow bone or frozen turkey neck.

IF the dog food was well balanced you wouldn't
NEED to SUPPLEMENT IT. WOULD YOU.

I was up at the farmer's co-op this morning and I saw that they had
some new varieties, including Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete.
Since it was on sale I thought what the heck.

Yeah. "What the heck", eh??

From: "Sharon"
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:03:56 -0500

Subject: Contaminated Dog Food Killed 23 Dogs, Sickened 18

.......while someone posted this dog food recall earlier, I thought I'd
bring it to everyone's attention that dogs have died due to the aflatoxin
contamination. So if anyone out there has dogs with unexplained liver
troubles and are feeding any Diamond products, best take them off it,
save the bag and get your vet bills reimbursed.

In the larger city about 40 miles from here, there have been deaths
due to Diamond food and more dogs are being treated with very
cautious prognosis.

One thought is that symptoms could show up at any time in the 8
weeks following ingestion of the Aflotoxin laden food. Any vomiting,
diarrhea, loss of appetite should be considered serious symptoms if
the
dog has been eating Diamond recalled bags.

Other pets in the house eating from the same batch should also be
tested weekly for 8 weeks for liver problems. What a mess. We've
not seen any problems at our clinic yet, but our whole staff is very
current on the situation

-------------------

The dogs had already had their breakfasts earlier
so I just let them work for pieces of kibble.

That's SHEER IDIOCY. Offerin an witholding BRIBES
increases anXXXIHOWESNESS to dangerHOWES levels
where aggression, seizures, and obsessive compulsive disorders
occur. PERHAPS THAT'S HOWE COME your dog has had
DEATHLY neurological symptoms as cited below??

Despite Skinner's clear denunciation of "negative
reinforcement" (1958) NEARLY EVER LEARNING
THEORY model involves the USE OF PUNISHMENT.
Of curse, Skinner has never to my knowledge,
demonstrated HOWE we escape the phenomenon
that an expected reward not received is experienced
as a punishment and can produce extensive and
persistent aggression (Azrin et al, 1966).

Right now Scully is upstairs guarding the counter where
a 2-day supply of kibble is kept in a ceramic cookie jar.

Yeah. THAT can DRIVE HIM INSANE. Dogs
AIN'T suppHOWESED to have NIGHTMARES:

"Scully has some pretty strenuous dreams but previously
they've always involved running in her sleep and muffled
yipping, nothing like this. And to have Zane buy into it
100%, hearing him baying from the depths of his chest,
making a noise that's more like a roar than a bark. They
had me convinced."

She kept flinging the food dishes at me (she earns a kibble
per dish for help in clean-up) so I put them in the sink.
Then she went down to the foyer, tipped her water dish over
then carried it upstairs. No treat that time. It was funny
as heck but nothing I want to encourage.

Yeah. FUNNY.

They should have named this kind "Extreme Yummy".

Dogs can get aflotoxin poisoning from JUST SNIFFIN IT.

"Kathleen" wrote in message news:I3M3j.
*For the regulars, my daughter was finally convinced that Luna, her
mustang, was never going to be a safe, fun horse to ride. After months
and months of dedicated training she was still making frequent, spirited
attempts to murder anyone sitting on her back. Albert is keeping her,
though, and trying to get his hands on her brother so he can use them as
a matched pair to pull a buckboard at next year's Chuckwagon Races.
Reno, her new horse, is a sweetheart.

Musical horses, eh?

I had a BC, a horrible escape artist who had learned to stick his head
into the shadow box fencing and use it to lever to pry off boards so he
could go bumming around the neighborhood. Obviously the canine
spine is not made to deal with this.

The docs at the ortho clinic did the dye test on the spine and called me
with the news that it was most probably cancer - they said they were
about 85 percent sure. Said there was evidence of a mass well above and
below the disks that were supposed to be ruptured. And that the kindest
thing might be to not allow him to wake up from the anesthesia.

I was flabbergasted. Devastated. How could cancer have such a sudden
onset? And my own vet had been so certain that it was trauma... So I
said "absolutely not" to immediate euthanasia. Told them to proceed
with the surgery. Open him up and see what's in there. If it was the
disks, patch him up, and if it was cancer, just debulk the tumor, get as
much of it out as possible to relieve his pain and buy him some time.

It was the disks. They'd ruptured with such violent force that the
squishy stuff inside had spurted all up and down the spinal canal -
that's what they'd been seeing on the dye test. It still makes me sick
to my stomach to think about what would have happened if I'd been
willing to follow "expert advice" instead of my own instincts.

Connor had staples in his neck holding the incision closed. 12 days
post op I took him to have them removed and the incision just FELL
OPEN. Thank god it happened before we left the office. Healing was
delayed by the oral steroids he'd been given to try to relieve his pain
prior to his consult at the ortho clinic. They re-stapled him and we
returned again in another 14 days. This time it stayed closed.

As I recall, I kept him crated for that first month, taking him outside
in the yard on a belt that wrapped around his waist so as not to put any
strain on his neck. He was so relieved not to be hurting anymore that I
had to keep him confined to stop him from doinging around like a maniac.

Perhaps you shoulda TRAINED your dog not to try to ESCAPE?

by: Dr. Monique Chrétien
Edited by: Dr. Nicholas Dodman:

"If your dog is digging to escape from the yard, try to figure out
why.

Give very serious consideration to improving your containment
system. The addition of an underground electronic fence or a
fence that extends under the ground may be the only way to
frustrate a skillful escape artist."

by: Dr. Nicholas Dodman:

Dealing with Dogs that Run Away:

"Some dogs are just born to run away. Although the reasons
for this are varied, there are a couple of common themes.

Dogs run away to go to a better place where something
rewarding may happen or to escape from a real or
perceived danger.

No one in his right mind would allow a dog to roam
these days. There's too much trouble out there - not
to mention leash laws.

Some dogs are just born to run. Although the reasons
for running away are varied, there are a couple of
common themes. Dogs run away either a) to get to a
better place where something rewarding may happen
or b) to escape from a real or perceived danger."

From: Mark Shaw )
Subject: Fido-Shock
Date: 2002-04-10

In article gWLs8.203228$af7.101030@rwcrnsc53,

"Coleman Brumley" wrote:
Has anyone had experience with this product (Fido-Shock).
If so, what model number, voltage, etc.?

"If you're talking about the pet-grade hotwire system,
I have one. It's to keep boarded dogs out of my flowers."

Seems our pal marquis de "read koehler for content" shaw runs
an unlicensed illegal "cottage industry," outta his HOWES, a
B+B for dogs.

I have a 1.5 year St Bernard who is scaling (not clearing -
- more like falling over) our 4 foot fence to visit with
owners walking their dogs.

My methods cure fence jumping and escape behavior in a couple
minutes without shocking and choking and crating and beating
and shooting "a good slingshot or a few BB's" as instructed
in our koehler book that we should read for content. ed w of
petloss dot CON recommends we read koehler, sez he could be
the world's best trainer.

I thought of raising the fence a foot or so,

Because there's no way to train a dog not to jump a barrier.

but don't think that'll solve the problem.

Course not. Neither will hurting him, that'll
make IT want to escape even MOORE.

I've tried watching her outside, and give a stern "NO"
when she props on the fence for a peek over it. No avail.

Course not. That'll make him try harder soon as you're not lookin.

I've heard this product works after just a couple of tries.

I take it you're considering running the wire across the top of
the fence? I don't think I'd recommend that, although it may be
worth a try."

Course. Might as well try to HURT the dog to force it not to
want to run away. Dogs run away from their HOWESES for the
same reason kids do... they're usually abused and neglected,
even despite the daily jerk and choke and shock training.

Watch closely -- the one case where I saw a hotwire used
in this fashion caused the dog undue stress and frustration,

That was on one of your illegal customer's dogs who didn't know
you was fixin to BURN their Dane while you was giving him some
loving care. Those stupid *******s trusted you not to HURT their
dog...and you done your best, but just couldn't bear NOT to HURT.

and he tried even harder to get over the fence.

Of course, marquis. That's what got Peach DEAD.

So be prepared to take it down right away.

So he don't get caught, marquis? He's not shocking an illegal
boarding customer's dog like you were... marquis de read koehler...

That was a Dane, though.

Yeah. A cash customer's dog. You couldn't afford to return IT
with a case of nervous aggression...and you couldn't get caught
with a hotwire just in case the dog squeals on you by his new
nervous responses.

With a Saint things might be different.

Yeah. Did you see CUJO?

--
Mark Shaw (and Maggie) anti-spam: change 'bang' to 'not'

--------------------

THAT'S WHAT GOT Misty's DEAD DOG Peaches DEAD:

"misty" wrote in message

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do
know she's not here with us. I really can't blame
anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it
because of how you write/wrote. I was unwilling
to accept the idea that my using a shock collar
could have any bearing on Peach not wanting
to stay home.

Up until I started using it my main concern had
been keeping my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my
concern became how to keep them from running
off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled
in the anti-shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the
world now g A Wits End Trained dog, one who
is completely housetrained, doesn't chew up stuff,
stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all the time.

IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

================

misty" wrote in message

We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring.
Two dogs, two collars We now have one dog and
no collars.

Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want
to come back in the yard and would run for days.

The last time, Peach didn't come back home.

I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how
to train my dog. She is now border trained. A few
minutes each day reinforces her desire to stay in
the yard.

She no longer runs out into the road, I can stop
her from chasing cats and she no longer cringes
when we walk around the yard.

I can not say loud or long enough how much I
hate the e-fence and its collars. If you can't get
a regular fence then you need to train your dog.

I will never rely on an electronic collar to
keep my dog in our yard again.

The price was too high:-(
~misty

-----------------

AND THEN YOU WONDER:..

Date: 22 Mar 2002 05:19:00 -0500
Subject: How to set up and use a killfile (weekly posting)

Most, though not all, newsreaders enable you to automatically mark
certain posts or threads as read. This is usually referred to as a
killfile or a filter. Instructions on how to create a killfile for
some of the more common newsreaders are below. If yours isn't listed,
try looking in your browser under "help."

Also, here's another source for this type of information:

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile

Disclaimer: These instructions have been compiled from a variety
of sources. I only use rn myself so if the instructions below can't
help you, I can't either. Conversely, if you have any additions or
corrections to this list, please feel free to email me at
; I will add them to this file next time it's
reposted.

Many, many thanks to everyone who's contributed!--Dianne Schoenberg

AGENT
Pull down the 'Window' on the Menu. Go to Usenet Filters and click
on
that.

The first icon on the toolbox should be to 'Add Kill Filter'. Click
on that.

The edit window will come up. In the area 'Filter Expression',
write
'Jerry Howe'. And then under 'Kill Action', mark whatever little
button you want.

--------------------

From: (misty)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:44:25 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Anyone tried the Wits End Training manual?

I used the Wit's Ends Training manual to teach myself how
to interact with Zelda. The first read through made no
sense to me...the second time through, things clicked and
the little lightbulb glowed.

I trained Zelda to stay in the yard, not chase cats, to come,
sit ,down, stop chewing toys and to be quiet when she barks
at things she hears outside.

I don't care if 99% of the manual came from 99 other trainers...
I needed the info, it was offered free of charge and any questions
can be asked of Jerry.

One thing about his method, although you can "spot" train
with it, it works best by a pyramid approach. IOW start
at the beginning and go through the exercises in the order
he has them wrote.

The part about "non-physical praise" confused me until I
tried a little experiment. I petted Zelda and told her
what a good girl she was...she enjoyed it, tail wagging.

I then put my hand away from her (behind my back) and
praised her...she got very wiggly, nudged me with her nose,
pawed at me and wanted more praise. Not very scientific,
I know, but it was interesting to me how excited she got.

I find that I'm starting to use Jerry's method to "train"
my kids as well:-)

~misty

My "daughter" http://community-2.webtv.net/Momisty...AnneArensdorf/

My sons http://community-2.webtv.net/Momisty/Arensdorf14Acre/

From: Charlie Wilkes
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:13:46 -0400
On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:44:25 -0500 (CDT),
(misty) wrote:

I find that I'm starting to use Jerry's
method to "train" my kids as well:-)

~misty

My "daughter" http://community-2.webtv.net/Momisty...AnneArensdorf/
My sons http://community-2.webtv.net/Momisty/Arensdorf14Acre/

Hi Misty!

I had just about exactly the same experience with Jerry's manual.

I had visited quite a few dog-training web sites, and, while they
didn't recommend anything too harsh, they all emphasized that I must
"assert my dominance" over the pup.

Anytime I tried doing that (just once or twice) it produced a
distinctly negative result... The pup got scared and ran away.

When I took the approach of simply making myself into the most
important and desirable thing in her world, she responded incredibly
well. Now I can even break off a rabbit chase instantly (which I do
NOT want to allow, as I live in a rural area with chickens and
livestock) just by calling her once in a calm, affectionate voice.

Your kids and your dog are adorable, BTW!

You can see my pup at

http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy
Check the "more pictures" link -- like your dog, Holly
is more than happy to do an "alpha rollover" when I use
the gentle, non-confrontational approach Jerry recommends.

Charlie

-----------------

From: (Mark Shaw)
Date: 27 Aug 2001 23:00:48 -0400
In article ,

(misty) wrote:
I needed the info, it was offered free of charge
and any questions can be asked of Jerry.

This is not true, unless you're willing to kiss his, uh, ring.
If you're not, he considers you his enemy -- no matter how you
really feel about him -- and will just abuse you.

Of course, his sheep have always ignored
this and will probably continue to do so.
--
Mark Shaw (and Maggie)anti-spam: change 'bang' to 'not'

------------------

AN THEN YOU DON'T~!

From: Mark Lind
Date: 2000/10/09
Subject: Should We Chill Out A Little?
On Fri, 06 Oct 2000 07:42:29 GMT,
(Mark Shaw) wrote:

But what the hell is this "we" ****? Who the hell are you to come
around and tell us what "we" ought to do? doG knows *I've* never
seen you around here before, and I've been here for a good long
time.

I posted a few messages about 10 months ago, when I got my second
dog (I was having trouble getting him to walk on the leash without
thrashing), but the reactionary nature of all the responses caused
me to tune out for a while. I did get some constructive help that
worked (thank God), but I had to wade through a sea of ridiculing
posts that went on for weeks after I posted my "Thank You" message.

However, this IS a public forum, and people have a right to use it
how they may. You certainly have the right to continue in whatever
manner you wish.

Which sorta points up the root problem: that usenet is no longer,
and has not been for some time, anything like the community it once
was. People wander in and out like so many Merkins in a shopping
mall, fer petesake.

It's actually open to the public, just like a shopping mall. I've
been posting to various usenet groups since my college years in
Computer Science in 1988, and, I can tell you that it was as you
describe even back then.

It used to be that people at least had the courtesy to lurk a bit;
to try to figure out who was a guru and who was a village idiot,
so they could post without fear of looking like a buffoon.

I thought that the only thing resembling a requirement was to post
information relevant to the group topic name or information pertaining
to the administration or use thereof. I didn't know you were required
to become familiar with each of the individual posters for a period of
time before you were allowed to post.

So, anyway: back to you, Mr. Lind: I'd invite you to bugger off,
but there'll be another just like you along in just a bit anyway,
with yet another "why can't we all just get along" speech, so why
the hell should I bother? Huh? Huh?

I agree that inviting me to bugger off would be a waste of your
time.Mark

----------------------

Hi Jerry,

I received email from Mark Shaw on 10/6 which I just read today.
Sorry I didn't have time to get to it sooner. We have had a lot
going on in our area concerning animals. We formed a new Task
Force to address spay/neuter, pet overpopulation and animal
abuse. I needed to do a lot of research before the first meeting
and time was just not available for anything else.

Anyway the letter went on to say that we are in collusion, I tried
to defraud him, and have sent none of the materials that he has
asked for although he has yet to furnish the P.O. Box number that
he wanted them sent to in the first place. He goes on to state that
I am no longer eligible for the "fictions reward." All of this is in
answer to postings that prove I was "sharing" his email with you
which in his opinion was a breach of good manners. His email only
had terms and conditions of the reward which I would consider
"public information."

Be that as it may, I would like to state that you had my permission
to post any email I have sent you regarding DDR including this
email.

I'm very sorry that you have to put up with this type of situation
from someone that obviously never intended to make good on his
reward offer in the first place.

I had a call from a friend of mine with a very aggressive cat. I
have loaned her my DDR for a few weeks to see if it will calm JR
down. I will let you know the results. She goes to the same holistic
vet that I go to and he is also interested.

In case Mark does post to the list again I would like to say that I
do very much believe that DDR will help JR as I know it has helped
my dogs and cats. I have entirely too much to do, to worry about his
opinions or reward.

The only reason I was willing to apply for the reward was on your
behalf as I do think your product is a valuable tool in helping with
aggression and other behavior problems.

I am in Feral Cat Network (we spay and neuter approximately 100
feral cats a month), I am also a member of a local AKC dog
obedience club, member of a local AKC agility club, president of
Pet Rescue, board member of the Alliance for Care and Welfare of
Animals (on the board a county commissioner, vet. rep., rep.
from AKC dog club, CFA cat club, assistant County manager, head
of animal control, director of two different shelters, etc.).

I listed these not to be on an ego trip but to let Mark know that
I am involved with animals and have very little time to play games
with him also I would not recommend your product if I did not
believe in it.

Please feel free to post this email as it has no
copyright on it as did Mark Shaw's last email to me.

Take care Jerry and don't let the Mark's of the world get you down.

Elaine

Thank you, Elaine. I have been trying to educate the mark's
of this world, with some occasional successes. I guess that's
variable reinforcement?

Yours, Jerry.

-------

Elaine McClung, President of Pet Rescue writes: Sep 9,
2000

"I ordered from Jerry a long time ago.. He was helpful and
the order was filled promptly. Yes, Doggie Do Right does
indeed exist.

I "had" a very aggressive female Pit.. She was showing
aggression not only towards Dok, Rhodesian Ridgeback,
but our cats and even us.

She now plays with Dok, even to the point of allowing him
to take a toy or bone from her. She no longer shows any
aggression towards us. She is showing some aggression
towards the cats but that is down to a warning growl.

It is not just my opinion that all this aggression existed
before Doggie Do Right as we were advised by three vets
to euthanize her.

I do very much believe that DDR will help JR as I know it
has helped my dogs and cats. I do think your product is a
valuable tool in helping with aggression and other behavior
problems.

I am in Feral CatNetwork (we spay and neuter approximately
100 feral cats a month), I am also a member of a local AKC
dog obedience club, member of a local AKC agility club,
president of Pet Rescue, board member of the Alliance for
Care and Welfare of Animals (on the board a county
commissioner, vet. rep., rep. from AKC dog club, CFA cat
club, assistant County manager, head of animal control,
director of two different shelters, etc.).

Thanks, Elaine,
Apr 25, 05:59 PM

Hi Jerry, (update 10/31/00)

Teddy, my friend, with the very alpha male Siamese cat
reports all is well. She has been running DDR for well
over a week now and JR has not beaten up on any of
the other cats. Gillie the smallest female cat was living
in the bathroom and JR was attacking her every day.

Teddy forgot to close the bathroom door the second day
she had the DDR and came home to good news "no hair
all over the room." Now she is leaving the bathroom
door open all the time and JR has not attacked Gillie.

Gillie used to be able to sleep with Teddy on the bed but
JR got soooo....bad he would almost maul her if she came
into the bedroom. Teddy told me that yesterday Gillie came
into the bedroom and JR just looked at her and ignored her.

Teddy is so grateful as she was considering putting JR
outside or having him euthanized. Will update you in
another week or so.

Thanks, Elaine.

--------------

Hi Jerry,

I wrote to you a week or so ago about the unit. I have since
borrowed one from Elaine Mc Clung. She speaks very
highly of it.

So, I brought it home and plugged it in. Of course, I
wanted it to come on, all the barking stop, and have every
one immediately fall to the floor in little comas for a few
hours. Well, after I got all 27 of them to be quiet, still no
comas. But, it had only been 36 seconds at that point. So,
I gave it a little longer. Still no comas. Was this really
going to work? I mean, I do have an unusual situation.

So, by bedtime, a few hours later. I started to notice just
how many were asleep already - with their feet in the air! I
started to have hope. During the night, all was calm. In the
morning when I got up, only a few of them WALKED quietly
to the door to go out. Not the usual evacuation.

I had the unit from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday
Morning. I was certainly pleased with the night effect. I
wasn't so sure about the amount of the day time effect.
Until I took it back. Within half an hour, the monsters had
resurfaced. I wondered if I could break into Elaine's house
and if she would notice

I know another person who does dog rescue. She rescues
Beagles. She has 23 in an 1100 square foot house. God
bless her. She is interested to see if it will work for her.
also spoke to someone else who does cat rescue, and
she is interested. The cat rescue people have monthly
meetings. Maybe Elaine could give a word or two about it.

So, if there are any words of advice you can send my way
about the best way to use it in my case, I would appreciate
it. I of course wanted to keep it on the highest setting, but
don't know if that is advised, even with my situation of so
many new ones coming and (too few) going.

Also, how I and others can go about getting one, etc.
I think the vets should have the info in their offices.
It must help dogs with separation anxiety.

My vet practices homeopathic as well as traditional
medicine, so I would think it would be right up her alley.

Thank you.
Desiree M Webber
A New Leash On Life

Mmm-mmm, good! Kathleen Dog behavior 19 December 7th 07 12:11 AM
A good dog!!! Paul B Dog behavior 0 February 5th 05 12:19 PM
More of the good ones Debbie the Underdogged Dog behavior 0 November 4th 03 07:23 AM
My good dog! mom2adog Dog health 0 August 25th 03 05:14 PM
My good dog! mom2adog Dog behavior 0 August 25th 03 05:12 PM