Any tips on how to shave between a puppy's toes (pads)?

Old December 11th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Any tips on how to shave between a puppy's toes (pads)?

Any tips on how to shave between a puppy's toes (pads)? And by puppy
I mean my 2 and a half year old.

She's developed a hot spot that the vet treated with a cortisol spray
originally, and it works wonderfully to relieve her immediate
distress (once I rub it in good).

The problem comes in the fact that she has hair growing from between
her pads that averages 2 to 3 inches. Normally we keep it trimmed
plum to the pads, but during winter months we allow it to do its
thing.

Just her luck. So now I've decided to keep it trimmed at all times
and I am having a really difficult time getting between her pads
without hurting her.

A groomer said she probably couldn't do it any better than what I
have. But in my opinion there is still a considerable amount of
hair.

Any tips or suggestions on how to get closer?

I appreciate any help or advice.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 11th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"-Lost" wrote in message
Any tips on how to shave between a puppy's toes (pads)? And by puppy
I mean my 2 and a half year old.
Any tips or suggestions on how to get closer?

We use a really small clipper on the schnauzers. One that gets right down
between the pads. I can't remember the brand of it but I'm pretty sure it
came from PetEdge. It has a narrow blade and is lightweight.

During the winter, we let that hair grow more to provide padding from the
snow and ice. But the rest of the year, it is clipped clean between the
pads.

Judy

Old December 11th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Judy" wrote in message
We use a really small clipper on the schnauzers. One that gets right down
between the pads. I can't remember the brand of it but I'm pretty sure it
came from PetEdge. It has a narrow blade and is lightweight.

DH just said that it's the Oster Finisher.

Judy

Old December 11th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Response to "Judy" :

We use a really small clipper on the schnauzers. One that gets
right down between the pads. I can't remember the brand of it
but I'm pretty sure it came from PetEdge. It has a narrow blade
and is lightweight.

DH just said that it's the Oster Finisher.

Thanks for the information, Judy. I was actually using a small beard
trimmer, but the neck is shaped odd and it made it more difficult
perhaps...

I've looked up the Oster Finisher and it appears that it would work
significantly better.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.