Toy and Miniature Poodles

Old October 21st 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Toy and Miniature Poodles

If you have small children, I would definitely recommend a miniature
poodle because they are not as fragile as toy poodles may be. My toy
poodle is so small that when she follows me around, I hardly notice
she is behind me and I either "almost" step on her or trip over head.
Also, she is tiny enough to where she is hard to handle and jumps out
of my hands easily.

Poodles are very active and loyal companions. If you decide to own a
poodle, make sure you are ready to play and take him/her for walks
everyday. The poodle breed is also extremely intelligent (my two
poodles potty trained themselves.. literally) and because of their
intelligence, need an outlet. If you work late or take frequent
vacations, the poodle breed becomes very bored at home and will find
ways to amuse him/herself.. most likely with miscellaneous things
around the house.

Miniature poodles are not too small but not nearly as large as the
standard poodle. I keep my miniature poodle in the house, and his size
is not overbearing in any case!

I found that having 2 dogs makes it easier for me to come home a
little late from work and just knowing the fact that they have someone
to play with when I'm not home!