Lhasa Apso Turning Red

Old December 15th 03, 03:07 AM

Default Lhasa Apso Turning Red

Hi-
I am posting for my mother and her Lhasa Apso, Tai. Tai a nearly pure white
lhasa who is about 5 years old. Recently her fur has started to turn red.
It started on her paws, and now more of her fur is turning, a dark almost
rusty color. I asked my mother if anything has changed in the dogs routine,
she said nothing has changed, same people around her, same schedule, same
food.
Any ideas as to why her fur would be turning red?
Thanks.

Old December 15th 03, 03:10 AM
Rocky

said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Any ideas as to why her fur would be turning red?

Where is her fur turning red? Paws?

Old December 15th 03, 03:10 AM
Rocky

Old December 15th 03, 03:16 AM
Rocky

Rocky said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Any ideas as to why her fur would be turning red?

Where is her fur turning red? Paws?

Sorry, I see that you said that it started with her paws.
Excessive paw licking is often an allergy signal.

Have your mom and vet investigated allergies? Even if the food
hasn't changed, it's worth looking at. What do you feed her?

Old December 15th 03, 03:42 AM

Yea, the redness started with her paws, I haven't seen the dog lately, but I
guess she's turning more red.
She eats a mixture of Iams wet and dry. I don't think that they have tested
for allergies, but I'll ask her and if not suggest that she should do that.
Thanks.