Maltese with potty problems

Old March 27th 05, 02:05 PM
guardmouse13

Default Maltese with potty problems

I have a 10 month old maltese who I have had some problems house
training her. I moved a couple times within the first 2 months I owned
her but for the last 6 months we have been at the same place. I have
always tried to get her to use pee pads since I live in an apartment in
a city. She is usually good about peeing on her pads but she rarely
poops on them. When she does go over to start to poop on her pads she
walks and ends up several feet from the pads. Lately she has taken to
peeing on my bed right before we go to bed. Last night while we were
sleeping she peed at the foot of the bed where we were not sleeping. My
boyfriend thinks that she does this to get attention. I don't know what
to do to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Candace

Old March 29th 05, 04:11 AM
Dawn McDermid

My solution would be crate train the dog if she cannot behave then crate
train her and let her sleep in a crate only at night

--
Dawn McDermid And 5 cresteds (and three kitties!)

www.angelfire.com/mb2/daybreak
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing
it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

"guardmouse13" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 10 month old maltese who I have had some problems house
training her. I moved a couple times within the first 2 months I owned
her but for the last 6 months we have been at the same place. I have
always tried to get her to use pee pads since I live in an apartment in
a city. She is usually good about peeing on her pads but she rarely
poops on them. When she does go over to start to poop on her pads she
walks and ends up several feet from the pads. Lately she has taken to
peeing on my bed right before we go to bed. Last night while we were
sleeping she peed at the foot of the bed where we were not sleeping. My
boyfriend thinks that she does this to get attention. I don't know what
to do to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Candace

maltese with potty problems guardmouse13 Dog behavior 2 March 29th 05 05:30 AM
Potty training problems XYZ Dog behavior 3 December 16th 03 01:58 PM
Potty training problems XYZ Dog behavior 0 December 16th 03 10:09 AM
Maltese Back Problems abc Dog health 8 November 19th 03 12:18 AM
Maltese Back Problems abc Dog health 0 November 17th 03 01:57 PM