Need Dog Food Recipes for Kidney Disease / 14 year old Bearded Collie

Old December 19th 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
GillisMcGill

Default Need Dog Food Recipes for Kidney Disease / 14 year old BeardedCollie

Thank you everyone. I have recieved some great advice and ideas for
some homemade food. Right now I need to get some weight on her so I
am experimenting with different meat. Hamburger with extra fat mixed
in and some rice seems to be doing the trick. I am also mixing in
some powdered egg shells for the calcium. Gradually I am trying some
fish, chicken and turkey mixed with rice. But she likes the
hamburger. I ordered some salmon oil from www.onlynaturalpet.com as I
read salmon oil on food is not only good for them but the smell seems
to get them more interested in eating what is set in front of them.
Tomorrow I am going to introduce her to cream-o-wheat and some heavy
creat to see if she will lap that up. Getting her to eat right now is
my battle and she is doing much better in that regard. This week she
have another urine test and weighed and we will see where she's at.

Like I told another person dogs are so very special every time I look
into their eyes I see heaven looking back at me. I often refer to my
Willow as God's grace in my life.

Blessings to all of you and may each of you enjoy every day with your
beatiful gifts from God.

Yours, Gillis

Kidney Disease? Suja Dog health 6 March 24th 07 12:24 PM
What is the toxic substance causing the kidney failure in the tainted dog food? [email protected] Dog health 4 March 21st 07 11:59 PM
11 Year BC diagnosed with Kidney Disease. Experiences from Others plz [email protected] Dog health 4 June 17th 06 12:15 AM
dog food recipes ll Dog health 0 March 4th 06 02:53 AM
Food for kidney disease Jayebea Dog health 9 March 6th 05 10:45 AM