Any ideas on the breed mix?

Old October 24th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Any ideas on the breed mix?

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/WhatIsIt.png

The coat is long, coarse and shaggy (when not shaved!). Medium sized
dog, maybe 45 pounds? Friend thinks it is chow because of the tongue
but it doesn't look very chowish to me. I'm thinking a doodle of some
kind.

Hannah
Old October 24th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Liisa Sarakontu[_2_]

wrote in news:c4629e68-58ed-4f83-83cd-5ecbd713dcb2
@a29g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/WhatIsIt.png
The coat is long, coarse and shaggy (when not shaved!). Medium sized
dog, maybe 45 pounds? Friend thinks it is chow because of the tongue
but it doesn't look very chowish to me. I'm thinking a doodle of some
kind.

Kind of a "generic dog" in most ways: medium size, medium body shape,
medium heaviness, medium tail carriage ("sabre tail"?), medium face, medium
ear type. Even the color is one of the most common seen in mutt dogs: sable
(see the dark hairs on ears). Just the coat is "not medium", it is
genetically both long and bearded. Long coat has to be inherited from both
parents as it is a recessive trait, but bearded can come just from one
parent.

It is quite possible that it is a "Poo" dog, but in that case the Poodle
parent is most likely not purebred or then just from a puppy mill or "pet
only kennel" as purebred show Poodles are hardly ever sables or even sable
carriers. You get just solid black, solid brown, some shade of grey/silver
and solid apricot/yellow/white pups with a "normal" Poodle parent.

If one parent is more or less a Poodle, the other is something clearly
heavier than a Poodle, and something which is either long-coated or carries
the long-coat gene. Might have lighter ears than a Poodle. But hardly a
Chow, nothing chow-like in that face.

Uh, let's guess that one parent is a Cockapoo (American Cocker x Poodle)
and the other is Chow x about whatever.

Liisa
Old November 8th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
c[_2_]

Maybe this and I think some chow
http://www.pups4sale.co.nz/soft_coat...for_sale.jp g

Need ideas NOW! Suja Dog behavior 4 April 6th 07 02:00 AM
Need Ideas Suja Dog behavior 6 January 21st 06 07:28 AM
Need Ideas Suja Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 03:12 AM
Need Ideas Suja Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 03:12 AM
Need some breed ideas Suzmyers Dog breeds 13 October 18th 03 09:38 PM