Need help identifying Chihuahua mix

Old November 14th 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Need help identifying Chihuahua mix

I'm trying to figure out what type of chihuahua mix these two dogs are. Any suggestions?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/DSC_0234.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/DSC_0231.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/DSC_0230.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/DSC_0229.jpg

They are the brother and sister from the same litter.
Old November 15th 12, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Jo Wolf

The darker pup looks purebred to me; longcoat variety. The lighter one
Could be purebred; longcoat variety.

They are so very young that if they are mixes, identifying the second
breed is next to impossible.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old November 21st 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Matt[_3_]

said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/DSC_0234.jpg

Chihuahua X Devil.

I agree with Jo. I know a few hairy Chihuahuas and the darker
one looks pure Chi. I've never seen a light-coloured hairy Chi,
but if she's from the same litter as the dark one, I'd go with
the odds.

Very cute dogs. Chihuahuas can be wonderful family pets.

--
--Matt.
Old November 22nd 12, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Jo Wolf

Matt, had a conformation handling instructor/mentor back in the late
'80s who, with her daughter, bred and showed logcoat Chihuahuas. They
come in all the same colors as the shortcoats. Just don't start
shivering until the temperature is 5 degrees colder than when the
shortcoats start to shiver..... and that's the only difference,
behaviorally.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA