Balim goes to the coiffeur

Old April 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus[_2_]

Default Balim goes to the coiffeur

Balim's (English cocker spaniel) had her first trip to a dog coiffeur (a
"beauty parlor for dogs"--I don't know what else to call it) today. Her
winter coat had become so matted that we could no longer keep up with it. At
the parlor she was dematted, had a bath, got a trim, and had her nails
clipped. As she was ready to leave she got a squirt of some sort of perfume
for dogs. Very posh.

The really interesting thing was Urger's reaction when she got home. He
spent an hour checking her over to make sure this really was Balim. Several
hours on he still goes over and gives her a sniff from time to time. Perhaps
he suspects I brought the wrong dog back?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old April 18th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Opinicus wrote:

Balim's (English cocker spaniel) had her first trip to a dog coiffeur (a
"beauty parlor for dogs"--I don't know what else to call it) today. Her
winter coat had become so matted that we could no longer keep up with
it. At the parlor she was dematted, had a bath, got a trim, and had her
nails clipped. As she was ready to leave she got a squirt of some sort
of perfume for dogs. Very posh.

The really interesting thing was Urger's reaction when she got home. He
spent an hour checking her over to make sure this really was Balim.
Several hours on he still goes over and gives her a sniff from time to
time. Perhaps he suspects I brought the wrong dog back?

Nah. I get the same reaction from Zane when I get home from the salon
after getting my hair shampooed and cut. Alien hair care products and
the smell of the stylist's hands, I suspect.

I've learned to just sit down on the steps and let him get the whole
olfactory inspection thing out of his system. I just wish he could
manage the process without the bizarre snorting noises and the
chattering teeth.

Many moons ago, when I still participated in weird rituals like heat
styling, I had a BC who, if allowed, would carefully remove the hot
rollers from your hair. I think he thought they were some sort of
mutant cockleburrs.

Balim barks Opinicus Dog behavior 2 December 10th 07 09:18 PM
Balim loves boiled potatoes Opinicus Dog behavior 9 November 13th 07 10:24 PM