Dogs dogs dogs

Old April 21st 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Dogs dogs dogs

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message

"~shady angel~" wrote in message

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message

Now, where's a picture of you hugging your little bubba-Cujo with big
smiles on both your faces?

We want to see a big, wide smile like this:
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley/Stretch40.jpg

Paul and Muttley

You call pulling you dogs lips a smile?
I dont see ads as I have adblock plus.. I dont talk HTML.
And I dont have a paid site.

That's not my dog. It is just supposed to be funny, but I should realize
that you have a serious situation, and I should not make light of it. If
you want to see real smiles on my dogs, this picture is the best:
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Lucky/MHL10.jpg

Notice that they are looking directly at me, taking the picture, and would
love to come running to me for hugs and kisses. Maybe my friend in the
middle, too. I am a big huggy-bear!

Here is Muttley, very happy to be outside with me. We had just finished a
walk:
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley...y19_200807.jpg

I took him camping with me, and here he is rolling on the ground waggling
his legs in pure joy:
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley/Muttley12-Rollin'.JPG

Finally here is a picture of me and my Mutt, and we are BOTH happy.
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley...dMuttley05.jpg

But he does look a bit sad in these early shots, soon after I got him,
where he was chained up and I had been keeping him tethered outside:
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley...200602-021.jpg
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley...200602-022.jpg
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Muttley/Muttley023a.JPG

Why not take some pictures of him when you are walking him or playing
fetch
or snuggling with him. We wanna see some smiles and waggy tails on both of
you (and your flatmate as well - he/she is, after all, a part of the
pack)!

Paul and Happy Muttley

Nice pic by the way.

Old April 21st 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"~shady angel~" wrote in message

Nice pic by the way.

Here are a couple of really nice shots of my other rescue dog, Lucky, who
was probably mostly Rottie but I think she might have been part PBT. You
saw her with the big grin on the picture with Muttley and my friend:

http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Lucky/LuckyHead429_514.jpg
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/Lucky/LuckySide429_357.jpg

I really loved that dog, maybe even more than Muttley. But I did not feel
that I could give her the best possible home, so I surrendered her to DOAR
and she was adopted in 5 days. Sometimes love means letting go, and that
was my gift to her, after my friend and I gave her the gift of life.

It's a shame PBTs are practically banned in NZ. BSL pops up here sometimes
when a PBT or a similar mix mauls a child, but I really believe in
punishing the deed, not the breed. Yet I would refrain from mentioning any
possibility of PBT mix in regards to Muttley or Lucky. Even GSD, Rottie,
Mastiff, or Anatolian might become a subject of BSL. So, in my book, they
are both GBMs, or Generic Brown Mutts.

You can do a lot by running your pictures through an image editor, doing
some creative cropping and automatic enhancements, and saving under a
descriptive name in a reduced quality JPG that is dial-up friendly, as I
have done. Most of my on-line images are 20-50k. But I have the originals
in case I want to make nice prints or show details. You can do a lot with
image software, but it's hard to hide a sad look, or fake a smile.

Good luck with Cujo. I hope you can improve his life a bit, but I can see
you are really trying hard and you really do love him. Sorry if I offended
you. It shows that one must seek the whole story, and "judge not, lest ye
be judged".

If you like the PBT forum, you might also like www.victoriastilwell.com.
Lots of nice people all over the world. But don't say anything about
punishment, chains, prongs, or forceful training. I think they are
sometimes over the top. Someone had a large GSD puppy who would jump and
nip to the point of pain, and they said:

"Just turn your back and ignore the dog while it nips your butt and ankles.
If it really hurts, wear several pair of socks, jeans, and sweatshirts. But
don't dare give the dog a physical correction!"

Sheesh...

Paul and Muttley