Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

Old March 17th 05, 01:01 AM

PawsForThought wrote:
Steve Crane wrote on 3/16/2005 :
Now you can be Hill's official little buttlicker.

That has to be a new "low" for even you Paws! Perhaps we ought to

drag
up the series of posts that Phil P assembled with your comments

about
cats you fed, didn't fed, almost died, never fed Science Diet to,

fed
all Science Diet to etc. You've had more stories than Carter has

little
liver pills. I notice that you have begun X-Archiving all your

posts -
is this due to a fear that your previous posts which contradict one
another might again be drug up and posted? Why would anyone want

all
posts X-Archived? Seems to me that anyone who does this is has
something to be concerned about. Unless I misunderstand what that
means. According to the note from Google on top of each posting of
yours the message will "be removed" at the end of so many days.

What's
the basis for this action?

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 5 days (Mar 22, 5:30

am).

And if you remember correctly, I posted evidence that cleared things
up. I even had to dig out the medical records of my deceased cats

just
to get you off my back. You were so unbelievably upset that there

are
cats that don't do good on that crap you Hill's salesmen call food.
Sorry, but Scie Die just didn't work out for me. I'm sure there are
some animals that can exist on it, but my cats did in fact do very
poorly on it.

--
PawsForThought

LOL! Oh, this is great! Lauren used to say that she "dug up her
pet's medical records" for ME....now she's claiming that she did it for
YOU (Steve)?? Prior to that, she got them out for Phil P who caught
her lying in the first place! ROTFLMAO! Lauren, once again, you can't
remember who you told what, to?! Wow, just wow. As for "posting
evidence", Lauren, you never did any such thing. You asked us to take
your word for it, but it's not like you had JPEGs up on a website or
anything!

Old March 17th 05, 01:02 AM

Steve G wrote:
Steve, I've given page numbers before to support what I quote...how

can
that be "vague"??

I don't recall you ever giving page nos. I could be wrong. And on the
other hand, Gouda cheese might declare war on Norway.

So, do you own a copy of SACN?
S.

Yep.

Old March 17th 05, 03:07 PM
PawsForThought

Gaubster:
PawsForThought wrote:

Yeah, yeah, we know, Lauren. You repeat it every chance you get.
You're becoming a broken record. Your theory about corn (and please
tell me exactly what you think constitutes a "filler") is just not
supported by the literature and also doesn't explain why millions of
cats thrive on Science Diet?

See, you just can't stand the fact that my cats did so poorly on Hill's
Science Diet, LOL. As to filler, let me enlighten you. Things like
peanut hulls and cellulose are considered fillers. Last time I
checked, carnivores had no need for them in their diet. Since I am at
work, I can't pull up the studies, but there have been some regarding

unfermentable fiber and cats. But it's useless to try to educate you

anyway. You're going to sing the praises of corn, a cheap substitute

for meat, in Hill's Science Diet. I don't blame you actually. I guess
if I worked for Hill's all along, I would defend their petfood too

I knew you wouldn't believe me---you have a hard time believing facts
and the truth seems to be a stranger to you! Actually I would like to
see you post some "studies", since I don't ever recall you posting
"studies" on anything. You post a lot of website opinions, but never
any studies. Please tell me what the peanut hull is, because I suspect
you think it's the shell around the peanut. As for cellulose, my
understanding is that it is quite expensive and is a palatable source
of fiber which is useful in a number of situations. Same thing with
peanut hulls.

Yeah, those studies funded by Hill's really hold a lot of weight

Peanut Hulls
"Long a common source of fiber, it is inexpensive and certainly
bulk-producing, therefore very popular especially in the "reducing"
diets. This incredibly harsh fiber cannot only create chronic
constipation but damage the sensitive tissues of the colon."

In a 1992 report from the Mycotoxin Committee of the American
Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, it states that
virtually all animal foods contain some viable mold. Peanut hulls are
particularly susceptible to aflotoxin in addition to being heavily
sprayed with pesticides. Hills Science Diet is one pet food that uses
peanut hulls as a source of fiber in its formulas. A standard practice
in the pet food industry is the blending and dilution of contaminated
grain products. By blending a higher ppm vomatoxin wheat with a lower
ppm vomatoxin wheat they can hopefully get an acceptable level of 1.0
ppm vomatoxin."

Fillers offer almost nothing to your pet in the way of nutrition-peanut
hulls and powdered cellulose, for example, have no nutritional value.
All these substances can cause blockage and other intestinal problems,
so avoid them-get a high quality food that either doesn't include these
fillers or at least does not list them among the first five or six
ingredients.

Or, you can ask Steve Crane. He said that peanut hulls are added as
bulk to the diet so pets are satiated and don't beg for more food.
Or......you can feed a species appropriate meat based diet so the
animal feels satiated because he's eaten a good food.

Can you produce any studies (and no, you can't use ones funded by
Hill's ) to show that peanut hulls have nutritional value for a
carnivore?

--
PawsForThought

Old March 17th 05, 05:01 PM

PawsForThought wrote:

Yeah, those studies funded by Hill's really hold a lot of weight

We've been over this many times before....either you refuse to learn
the truth or you pretend you don't know the truth. Do you even know
what peer-reviewed, published studies are?

Peanut Hulls
"Long a common source of fiber, it is inexpensive and certainly
bulk-producing, therefore very popular especially in the "reducing"
diets. This incredibly harsh fiber cannot only create chronic
constipation but damage the sensitive tissues of the colon."

I note that you didn't provide a source for this OPINION!

snip the insinuation that Hill's has myotoxins

Show me one single example (I've not aware of any) in which any of
Hill's foods have recently come under fire for having myotoxins. I
dare you!

Fillers offer almost nothing to your pet in the way of

nutrition-peanut
hulls and powdered cellulose, for example, have no nutritional value.

All these substances can cause blockage and other intestinal

problems,
so avoid them-get a high quality food that either doesn't include

these
fillers or at least does not list them among the first five or six
ingredients.

Which website did you copy this OPINION from?? Do you have any PROOF
that any of these allegations ever take place? Or is this just more of
your internet fantasy?

Can you produce any studies (and no, you can't use ones funded by
Hill's ) to show that peanut hulls have nutritional value for a
carnivore?

Just as soon as YOU support studies that backup your opinions. And no,
I don't mean from some kook website or some holistic whackjob. See,
how easy it is to play your little game?

And since you're cross-posting....dogs are omnivores, NOT carnivores.

And you still haven't answered my question (as usual)....what exactly
do you think a peanut hull is?

Old March 17th 05, 07:47 PM
Steve Crane

Oh Come on PAWS - What Phil posted was your own direct comments which
contradicted one another. They were your statements - not medical
records or any such nonsense. You claimed one thing and then another
thing - in direct contradiction to each other.