Natures Recipe

Old February 8th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Natures Recipe

Hi John,
I believe my sister has fed her dog California Natural, Innova and
Wysong. I'll ask her which one she's using now. Here's their
websites:

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab

http://www.wysong.net/

Thanks Paws

JW
Old February 8th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I believe your prediction has come true! My dog loves it and has no
problems.

Cue music and grab your bucket of popcorn.

Old February 8th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

MauiJNP wrote:

Last summer I was taking care
of my sister's dog and wanted to learn more about feeding her. I still
watch her dog when she is out of town and continue to be interested in
feeding her a good food.

if it's your sister's dog, why would you worry about what to feed her?

Because she asked me to look into it for her. That ok with you?

Old February 8th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

PawsForThought wrote:

I see you're unable to backup your outlandish lie that I said Science
Diet killed my cats. You're are such an obvious loser. Go ahead, do
your "research". Either put up or shut up, your behavior is
ridiculous.

rest of nonsensical post snipped

No, I simply haven't looked yet.

Old February 9th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

It's very easy to look back on google groups archives! Takes only a
couple minutes.

Old February 10th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

John Wesley wrote:
Personally, I tried
Science Diet products on my pets in the past, but it seemed to make
their skin dry and they had vomiting problems from it. I have cats but
my sister has dogs and she had the same experience.

What does your sister use now? Dog in question is on Science Diet Puppy
right now. That is not agreeing with her stomach occasionally and she
has some skin flaking. My dog (her brother) is on Science Diet Puppy
also. He has a nice coat and soft skin and no stomach problems.

jw

John, from my point of view - "if it isn't broke don't fix it, if it is
broke, you need to fix it". If the puppy product isn't working -
regardless of brand, then it's time to find out why. I didn't catch the
age or the breed so it's hard to make suggestions. Assuming that the
vet has determined there are no medical issues and the puppy isn't
getting into something it shouldn't - the cats food, the garbage, the
neighbors garbage etc, then it's time to find a solution. If this is a
small to medium breed and it's 9 months old, you might try moving to
other adult foods. If it's a large breed - that's not an option.

Old February 10th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Natures Recipe (or Innova, Wellness, Cali Natural?)

In article . com,
says...

John Wesley wrote:
[...]

I agree,

The dog in question is a long coat Chihuahua puppy 18 mo old around 3.5
lbs or so. My dog (her brother) is on Science Diet and is fine.
Something in the Sci Diet Puppy is not agreeing with her. Corn maybe?
Who knows. Puppy isn't getting into anything. He is retired and with
her all day and she goes in the crate at night. His vet says to try
another food but didn't suggest any particular kind. My buddy has
talked to several folks. He called me today asking about California
Natural, Innova, and Wellness. I looked at all the ingredients and none
have corn. I don't know which one to tell him to try. Any
recommendations by you or anyone else is appreciated.

jw
Old February 11th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

John Wesley wrote:

[...]

18 months ???? This is not a puppy any more and should _not_ be fed a
puppy food. I'm not real surprised that there is some tummy upset - the
fat levels are just too high for an adult dog. At this age and assuming
an otherwise clean bill of health I would suggest Sensitive Stomach.
The nice thing about Chi's is they don't have too many problems and
they live virtually forever. I doubt corn is the issue - that's really
rare, despite internet mythology to the contrary. With chi's, teeth
and tartar can be a problem so you might try a diet specifically
designed for oral health - there are a number of them on the market and
they won't have the high levels of fat that are in puppy foods.
Experiment around a bit and see what works - I know that's kind of hard
since even a very small bag would last a tiny dog like this for weeks
:-))