Rut Ro

Old December 6th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Default Neo's puppy

montana wildhack wrote in

On 2006-12-06 08:20:03 -0500, Janet B
said:

it's just what has to be done, to get
the *right* puppy started. Try it, you'll like it (ok, maybe not the
cold, but the puppy?!?!?!).

Somebody posted here that because it's so cold, it encourages the
puppy to hurry up & get down to business. I am clinging to this
belief.

Yeah, but there is something SOOOOOO special about a baby puppy's first
snow. And something even MORE special when they discover how much FUN it
is. You might just forget all about how bitterly cold it is :-)

Tara
Old December 6th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

diddy wrote in
:

in thread .196: Tara
whittled the following words:

Yeah, but there is something SOOOOOO special about a baby puppy's
first snow. And something even MORE special when they discover how
much FUN it is. You might just forget all about how bitterly cold it
is :-)

Tara

Tuck LOVES snow now, but both Della and Tuck hated it as neonates

Yeah, I could see that. I guess my experience is with pups older than what
Neo's babies are going to be when they are faced with cold butts.

Tara
Old December 7th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Tara wrote:

Yeah, but there is something SOOOOOO special about a baby puppy's first
snow. And something even MORE special when they discover how much FUN it
is. You might just forget all about how bitterly cold it is :-)

Tara

It's even more fun down here in the south, where the dog can be
full-grown before encountering a full snow. I had a Irish setter who
bounded out the back in the normal manner and gave me the weirdest look
at encountering a belly-high pile of snow! My current chocolate lab
loves it, even though she normally hates getting her paws wet. (i know,
weird for a lab -- but she's a mix, maybe that explains it.)

Carolina Songbird