Aging and reality, thoughts that bother me

Old April 24th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Aging and reality, thoughts that bother me

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Just what do either of you assholes imagine that could be?

This asshole KNOWS that it was space ghosts.

Old April 24th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
(Melinda Shore) wrote:

This asshole KNOWS that it was space ghosts.

Space ghosts. Hmmmm. Do they make traps for them?

--
Janet Boss
Old April 24th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Space ghosts. Hmmmm. Do they make traps for them?

Oh, please. EVERYBODY knows that if your dog eats a space
ghost-appropriate diet and stays away from commercial feeds
it won't have a space ghost infestation in the first place.

Old April 24th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Kathleen

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:

Just what do either of you assholes imagine that could be?

This asshole KNOWS that it was space ghosts.

And therefore you must sacrifice a black ghost and dance widdershins
around the stump of a blasted oak tree at the next full moon.
Preferably while skyclad (although not if you have neighbors close by).

PS I'm not making fun of you or your dogs, but of the respondents
above. The fact that there was no obvious toxic element in the
environment leads me to conclude that the source was microbial - a
bacteria or a virus, picked up by one dog and transmitted to the others.
And eventually, with the aid of medical support, their immune systems
beat it into submission.

You'll probably never get a definitive answer on the cause in spite of
having exercised due diligence, and you'll probably just have to let it
go to avoid working yourself into a gastric ulcer.

And you've already obviously gotten the take-away lesson: Every day is
a gift.

FYI: All of my dogs got extra ass scratching AND frozen peas this morning.

Zane sez: "Awwwww.... Ong gong. Onggongongong ongong. NERF!"

Old April 24th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Kathleen

Kathleen wrote:

And therefore you must sacrifice a black ghost

tsk

goat, not ghost.

Bad me!

Old April 24th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

PS I'm not making fun of you or your dogs, but of the respondents
above.

I know that!

The fact that there was no obvious toxic element in the
environment leads me to conclude that the source was microbial - a
bacteria or a virus, picked up by one dog and transmitted to the others.
And eventually, with the aid of medical support, their immune systems
beat it into submission.

Bingo. The only thing they are munching on is bunny poop, and I have to
consider that that lovely "all natural" product could have transmitted
something to them.

You'll probably never get a definitive answer on the cause in spite of
having exercised due diligence, and you'll probably just have to let it
go to avoid working yourself into a gastric ulcer.

True. Then *I'd* need the tummy meds!

And you've already obviously gotten the take-away lesson: Every day is
a gift.

Indeed. Everytime I have to squirt the one med into Lucy I tell her
that it really is because I want her around for a long time, NOT because
I enjoy making her miserable!

FYI: All of my dogs got extra ass scratching AND frozen peas this morning.

Zane sez: "Awwwww.... Ong gong. Onggongongong ongong. NERF!"

Always good! I'm hesitant to push mine physically until they have
finished the meds, but am spending my time with them almost exclusively.

--
Janet Boss
Old April 24th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

Janet Boss wrote:

Bingo. The only thing they are munching on is bunny poop, and I have to
consider that that lovely "all natural" product could have transmitted
something to them.

Yeah, bunny poop (and bird poop) can contain some diseases and
parasites transmissable to dogs:

http://www.ehow.com/video_4757654_do...rd-rabbit.html

FurPaw

--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old April 24th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

Kathleen said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

The fact that there was no obvious toxic element in the
environment leads me to conclude that the source was
microbial - a bacteria or a virus, picked up by one dog and
transmitted to the others.
And eventually, with the aid of medical support, their
immune systems beat it into submission.

I agree. My three dogs went through a bout of diarrhea
simultaneously last week (fun!). Maybe chose the short straw
and got to go to the vet (I'm being facetious - her's was the
worst). The drugs and an easy diet cleared her up in a few days
and the others went along with the ride.

Old April 24th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

My three dogs went through a bout of diarrhea
simultaneously last week (fun!).

I think I prefer the vomit and black stool! Glad your 3 are on the mend
as well.

--
Janet Boss