what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

Old December 19th 05, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default what can you give a dog for pain - tylenol or aspirin?

can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of dosage?
thanks

Old December 19th 05, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

0

Old December 20th 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

NotGiven wrote:
can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

Old December 20th 05, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

wrote in message
oups.com...

NotGiven wrote:
can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of
dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

Thanks Glenn. It seems that every time my dog walks in the vet's office,
they try to do lots of tests and run the bill past $200, for any visit!

Old December 20th 05, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

NotGiven wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NotGiven wrote:

can you give a dog aspirin or tylenol for pain? if so, what kind of
dosage?
thanks

Never Tylenol or Aleve, can cause organ damage (liver? I forget which).
Aspirin, 81 mg (children's size) works good, I believe buffered is
better.
Best when applied at the direction of your vet's office, though, they
can
often tell you over the phone when it sounds like that's a good
solution
or if it's better to bring them in...
--Glenn

Thanks Glenn. It seems that every time my dog walks in the vet's office,
they try to do lots of tests and run the bill past $200, for any visit!

The dose would depend on the size of your dog.

FurPaw

--
"Don't believe everything that you think."
- Seen on a bumper sticker

To reply, unleash the dog