Natural Balance pulls 2 dry foods????

Old April 16th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
buglady

Default Natural Balance pulls 2 dry foods????

Itchmo is reporting a company email and a phone call to Natural Balance
confirming this issue.There is nothing as of this post on Natural Balance
website nor at the FDA. Problems reported by pet owners are gastric upset.
If you feed this food check with your retailer to see if they've pulled it.
I'd ask to see any documentation they have from the company for taking it
off the shelf. Get on the phone and call Natural Balance. I'm not sure yet
what is going on here. Apparently this is not an official
recall.........then what the heck is it?

Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Formula
Venison and Green Pea Dry Cat Formula

I'd read through all the comments too.
http://www.itchmo.com/read/natural-b...-dog-formula_2
0070415

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old April 16th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
buglady

"elegy" wrote in message
it's on their website now.
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

Thank goodness! The coordination of these events is still way below par.
If stores know to pull it off the shelves, it needs to be on the net at the
same time. I don't care if they have to stay after hours to get it done. I
believe there's going to be more pet food recalls in the future, not fewer.
Contrary to what some people might think, I believe this is a good thing, as
it means they're taking complaints about the food seriously, instead of
waiting until some critical mass is reached before recalling. The issues
may not be life threatening, but now companies realize they can't afford to
wait on this kind of stuff.

Old April 17th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Sue and Atty

"buglady" wrote in message
k.net...

Buglady,
I just wanted to say thanks for all you have done with your posting of very
up to date recall info. I, for one, really do appreciate all the time you
have put into this. I have passed along many of your posts/sites to people
who have much appreciated it, too. Thank you for the many hours you have
worked on this over the last couple of weeks.

Sue and Atty

Old April 17th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
buglady

"Sue and Atty" wrote in message
Thank you for the many hours you have
worked on this over the last couple of weeks.

........You're welcome......I just wish it would stop already! I really want
to know what exactly caused cats and dogs to die, because just about
everyone and his fish has said it wasn't the melamine, which is only a
marker for ????

.........Oh and the FDA is doing a much much better job at updating the
consumer. Although there's nothing about the Natural Balance foods, there
is an update for 4-16 which mentions all the things they DID test for - it's
not heavy metals, not antifreeze, not mycotoxins (from fungi) nor D3.

Old April 17th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Lynne

on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:33:02 GMT, "buglady"
wrote:

.......You're welcome......I just wish it would stop already! I
really want to know what exactly caused cats and dogs to die, because
just about everyone and his fish has said it wasn't the melamine,
which is only a marker for ????

That is what has me so deeply troubled, too... It's what we don't know yet
that is so scary.

........Oh and the FDA is doing a much much better job at updating the
consumer. Although there's nothing about the Natural Balance foods,
there is an update for 4-16 which mentions all the things they DID
test for - it's not heavy metals, not antifreeze, not mycotoxins (from
fungi) nor D3.

Buglady, you have no idea how much you have helped those of us who read
these groups, as well as our family and friends who do not. Thank you.

--
Lynne