Choice of dog

Old December 17th 04, 12:13 AM
J1Boss

Default Choice of dog

Between the three of them, I have a clown, a good-time gal pal, and a
soulmate/bodyguard. I think I've got my bases covered!

Melanie Lee Chang

I don't have the portable cocktail party dog. Both are pretty good at BBQ with
people willingly throwing tennis balls over and over and over and over and
over. True outdoor stuff is Franklin only. Couch snuggling award goes to
Lucy. Franklin, as wild as he is, is a more stable dog to bring someplace and
have stay. Lucy is my guard dog, but also a momma's girl.

So I guess Franklin qualifies as clown, good-time guy pal, active sport
partner. Lucy is a semi-active sport partner at this point, and definitely a
soulmate/bodyguard type. No clowning for her. She takes life seriously but
lovingly. With those covered, do I need a cocktail party dog?

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old December 17th 04, 12:45 AM
culprit

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message

Choice of dog for cocktail parties and going to school: Skeeter

Choice of dog for football games, or cookouts at friends' houses with
lots of kids running around who like to throw balls for dogs: Fly

Choice of dog for hiking to the top of a lonely mountain, or taking into
the highway rest stop bathroom with me: Solo

Between the three of them, I have a clown, a good-time gal pal, and a
soulmate/bodyguard. I think I've got my bases covered!

Lola is the cocktail party dog, and child enticer ("OMG, she soooo cute!
Mommy, can i pet her?"), and the pit bull for people who are terrified of
pit bulls.

Manu is my Starbuck's dog, BBQ dog, and my sleep on the floor next to the
bed when i'm home alone dog.

-kelly

Old December 17th 04, 01:11 AM
J1Boss

I don't know. Do you?

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~mlchang/thethree.jpg

One of the (huge, gigantic, stupendous) benefits to having three is that
no one ever has to be alone anymore.

I know - and agree. Now to get DH to agree (technically, with 2 cats, nobody
is ever "alone"). Still, I want a 3rd dog, but a little more size. A NSDTR or
Kooikerhondje (sp?). I'll probably get another FCR`when it is time though,
hopefully from Sweden.

Old December 17th 04, 01:16 AM

J1Boss wrote:
I'll probably get another FCR`when it is time though,
hopefully from Sweden.

One of those skijoring Flat Coats, eh? Why Sweden?

Amateurs study cryptography; professionals study economics.
-- Allan Schiffman
Old December 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Robin Nuttall

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
J1Boss wrote:

I'll probably get another FCR`when it is time though,
hopefully from Sweden.

One of those skijoring Flat Coats, eh? Why Sweden?

I can't answer for Janet, but I know that in England Flat Coats are much
more common than they are here, and also much healthier and longer lived.

Old December 17th 04, 02:36 AM
J1Boss

I can't answer for Janet, but I know that in England Flat Coats are much
more common than they are here, and also much healthier and longer lived.

yep. I have a very good friend who just returned to Sweden (and got a new FCR
pup, her last was put down right before she came here a few years aog. He was
12). I want to visit her, visit where my grandfather lived (never met him) and
get a puppy - what a great thing to remember Sweden by! Cancer is just not the
problem it is here with the USA/CA lines, so that would be icing on the cake.

Old December 17th 04, 03:51 AM
KWBrown

"culprit" wrote in
:

Manu is my Starbuck's dog, BBQ dog, and my sleep on the floor next to
the bed when i'm home alone dog.

You can take a dog into Starbuck's? Where do you live and can I come?

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old December 17th 04, 04:00 AM
culprit

"KWBrown" wrote in message
. 4...

You can take a dog into Starbuck's? Where do you live and can I come?

nah, we sit outside, with all the other dog owners. the one closest to my
house will send a barista outside to serve you, so you don't have to leave
the dog outside.

i love meeting all the dogs people bring to coffee shops. on the day my cat
died, we stopped there and met the most adorable BC puppy. it helped a lot
to get puppy kisses after a painful day.

-kelly

Old December 17th 04, 05:22 AM
Sionnach

"J1Boss" wrote:

With those covered, do I need a cocktail party dog?

innocent look Maybe, oh, I dunno... a 6-lb one?

Related to that... yesterday, I brought the dogs back to work with me
after lunch, because we were scheduled to have the gutters cleaned in the
afternoon, and I didn't want Mam to have to deal with them.
I forgot to switch on my cell alarm to remind me to go out at 3:30 (when
the sun starts getting low) and turn on the heater... went out at 4, and
Rocsi was looking chilly. So I brought her in & put her in the chair with
me... at least four of my co-workers went by more than once, and never
noticed she was there. G

Skin Rash/Mange/And Dips C.L. Dog health 48 March 9th 04 11:05 PM
multiple choice culprit Dog behavior 81 October 2nd 03 12:48 PM
multiple choice culprit Dog behavior 0 October 1st 03 03:02 PM
multiple choice culprit Dog behavior 0 October 1st 03 03:02 PM
Is a fence-jumper trouble? Shelly & The Boys Dog breeds 14 August 7th 03 10:08 PM