All Rottie?

Old March 31st 05, 09:10 PM
Pete

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Yes, he is WAY too small/skinny to be all Rott or Rott/Shepard. I'd say
he's got some Pit in him by the looks of the structure of the jawline. He
needs about 10-15 pounds on him.

I don't understand what you're saying. If he weighed "10-15 pounds" more,
then it seems that he would fit as a Rott/Shep mix. Right? At say 75 lbs
he'd be much too big as a pitt mix.

Old March 31st 05, 10:13 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:10:21 GMT Pete whittled these words:

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Yes, he is WAY too small/skinny to be all Rott or Rott/Shepard. I'd say
he's got some Pit in him by the looks of the structure of the jawline. He
needs about 10-15 pounds on him.

I don't understand what you're saying. If he weighed "10-15 pounds" more,
then it seems that he would fit as a Rott/Shep mix. Right? At say 75 lbs
he'd be much too big as a pitt mix.

Heh heh I had exactly the same thought. Putting weight on him doesn't
make him more or less likely to be a Rottweiler / Shepherd mix. I
understand the thinking though, in a way. I wanted a bigger dog so I fed
her more hoping she'd grow. It seems kind of silly to me know because I
was equating weight with size "I have a 55 pound dog". More important, as
you seem to realize, is his overall structure. Relative structure can be
seen in the picture, but there isn't much scale. Given the structure I
can see and the weight provided my guess is that he is between 22-24
inches at the shoulder. That is a little on the small side for those
breeds - but not so far as to be out of the running.Male GSD are 24-26
inches, Female 22-24. Rottweiler is 24-27 for males 22-25 for females.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/