Idiot Owner

Old September 8th 03, 02:31 PM
Jonathan

My suggestion is that you learn to mind your own business. Picking a
quarrel with the neighbor when you are a guest in someone else's home
is low-life behavior, no matter how you present it.

What a strange response- so she can't ask for informatin from her BIL, and
is not allowed to be concerned for the dog who looks like he may be a danger
to himself & others in the near future?

Old September 9th 03, 02:37 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:31:59 +0100, "Jonathan"
wrote:

My suggestion is that you learn to mind your own business. Picking a
quarrel with the neighbor when you are a guest in someone else's home
is low-life behavior, no matter how you present it.

What a strange response- so she can't ask for informatin from her BIL, and
is not allowed to be concerned for the dog who looks like he may be a danger
to himself & others in the near future?

Read the post. The dog is behind a fence, behaving aggressively, so,
instead of ignoring the dog and staying away, FurPaw decides to
approach the dog with her "calming signals." Not surprisingly, the
owner tells her to knock it off, and FurPaw tells her she needs to
train her dog, and the lady gets annoyed. All of this in someone
else's backyard.

And now, FurPaw is seeking advice on how she can encourage her
brother-in-law to take this quarrel -- which is not her problem or her
business -- to the next level. If that's not low-life behavior, I
don't know what is.

Charlie

Old September 9th 03, 06:03 AM
Alpha

"FurPaw" wrote in message
Here's another dog likely headed for the pound, or worse.

He's a 7 month old GSD, beautiful boy, who lives next to my BIL. When I
went out in BIL's back yard today, the dog charged the fence and began
barking viciously. I tried some "calming signals" and slowly started to
sidle up to the fence. His mom came running out and told me to please

stay
away from the fence, because her dog gets so agitated. I told her that she
needed to work with her dog to socialize him to strangers; had she
consulted a trainer or at least taken him to obedience class? She huffed,
"WE are training this dog!" and stalked away. He continued barking.

Fact the owners agitation is telling this dog not all is well and the dog
knows
the cause of this anxiety is on the other side of the fence, take the fence
away and the pup would crumble at this stage in his life it is all show, but
allowed to continue it will become adult behaviour.

BIL said that several neighbors have approached her about the dog, but to
no avail. His kids are afraid to go close to the fence, and they normally
adore dogs. He's afraid that this boy will jump the fence (4') someday,
and bite someone, and in particular he's afraid for his kids. Dog puts

his
paws on top of the fence now, and his head sticks up over the top.

You have every right to feel this will happen because it will, the longer it
is allowed to
do this the stronger the behaviour will be.

AFAIK, at this point the only possible violation might be noise - the dog
barked constantly while we were there, and we were indoors most of the
time. Any suggestions for how BIL and other neighbors might proceed to
help the dog and educate his owner?

FurPaw
--
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Solution deactivate this dog, when it charges the fence do not make eye
contact in fact do not look at the dog when he has calmed even a little drop
a tit bit of liver treat over the fence, but only when he is calm, it will
not take long to deactivate this GSD he will see all his friends at the
fince, the owners will freak but you can prove your point and be happy
knowing you have helped.

David Sweeney
STI
QK9SARG