Curious.

Old December 21st 11, 11:07 AM
Junior Member

Lightbulb Curious.

Hello, thought I'd introduce myself first. I'm David, 14 years of age, currently living in Australia and I just have a few questions about my canine, basically I'm just going to state what I do with her on a daily basis etc. Describe her and all that jazz.

Her name is Bindy, she is currently 2 years of age ( Human, obviously ) And apparently a cross between a Great Dane and German Shepherd, although she looks a lot more like a Dingo crossed with a German Shepherd, she is dark blonde on top and white underneath. She is maybe a little bit smaller than a "medium sized dog."

She is fed twice daily ( Sometimes a day might be missed due to some reasons ) I usually feed her wet food in the morning with a little dry food mixed in, my mother then feeds her a medium sized amount of dry food around lunchtime or in the afternoon, her water is usually changed every second day though we try to do it every day and her bowls are kept clean. She usually either has none to a very small amount of fleas on her, never had a tick or parasite of some sort.

I am quite protective of her as the last few animals that my siblings had before they left the house got out of the yard quite easily so the council built us a larger fence, although when she does get out the front gate she usually wanders down the street and then comes back. I don't like her laying on hard surfaces because I was informed that it is bad for her so I really don't mind her laying on my bed or let her sit on the couches. I have never gotten angry or frustrated with her, ever, it may seem hard to believe but it is true if she does something irritant, which for me is usually only barking I just tell her to come to me and be quite. I know I may sound like I'm trying to portray a perfect owner but I really love animals.

But besides all of the above the main reason I'm posting here is I want to know about massaging, I massaged her tonight for the first time and I'm not quite sure whether she enjoyed it or not, she didn't really do anything besides lay there. I massaged pretty much everywhere but I focused mainly on the places where I thought most of the stress would accumulate; The jaw, shoulders, thighs, hamstrings, spine, around her ears and then there were her feet, when I touched them she seemed to twitch a bit which I expected as this was the first time she had received a massage but I did try my best not to make her uncomfortable and get in between her toes and all those places.

So what I'm wondering is, should I continue to massage her? There's not really much of a reason she needs it I just think it could be something she would enjoy and she didn't seem to hate it as she didn't get up and leave as she usual does when she's unhappy with something, also wondering how I treat her and look after her is acceptable/good etc.

Thank you for reading this rather long thread and I appreciate the help if any is to be posted.
Old December 22nd 11, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Curious.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:07:31 +0000, Dipty wrote:

Thank you for reading this rather long thread and I appreciate the help
if any is to be posted.

re massage,please take a look at :

http://ttouch.com/

re training:

http://www.clickersolutions.com/

re feeding:

http://www.barfworld.com/

http://www.rawlearning.com/

good luck

Just curious Briana Nice Dog behavior 2 July 7th 09 10:41 PM
Just curious kat Dog behavior 1 April 22nd 09 03:39 PM
Curious Question dancertm Dog behavior 0 October 29th 03 02:22 PM
Curious Question dancertm Dog behavior 0 October 29th 03 02:22 PM
Curious Question dancertm Dog behavior 0 October 29th 03 02:22 PM