What happened to Jerry Howe?

Old July 16th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default What happened to Jerry Howe?

"Jo Wolf" wrote in message
When I returned after a long absence, I was just told that he was "gone
now". I do not miss him.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Jerry was here when I first started posting in 2001 and believe it or
not, he sounded reasonably sane! I dont wish him any harm and hope he is
ok.
Ali

Old July 16th 12, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Alison" wrote in message ...

Jerry was here when I first started posting in 2001 and believe it
or not, he sounded reasonably sane! I dont wish him any harm
and hope he is ok.

It is unquestionable that Jerry loved dogs and was a crusader for their
humane treatment. But he had a Jeckle and Hyde personality where he would
only accept wholesale devotion and acceptance of all of his "methods" and
anything less was horrible dog abuse. He consistently and predictably spewed
verbal abuse at anyone who dared question even the slightest detail of his
advice. I actually conducted what I thought was a fair and accurate attempt
to train Muttley according to his "manual", and when I reported the
failures, he accused me of purposely sabotaging his methods.

Lee Charles Kelley had a "Dog Trainer" forum and he has a website:
http://www.leecharleskelley.com/home.html. He said he always had a "soft
spot" for Jerry, and when I asked what happened to him he said, "Good
question", but no answer.

I became active here in 2006 when I first got Muttley and had the infamous
run-in with Janet that continued until around 2009 when the newsgroup became
relatively inactive and I became involved in the Victoria Stilwell and Cesar
Millan forums.

Paul and Muttley
www.muttleydog.com