DMSO - anecdotal - tumor reduction

Old May 24th 14, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default DMSO - anecdotal - tumor reduction

On Friday, April 26, 1996 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am using DMSO Gel with Aloe Vera (70%DMSO/30%AloeVera) for
treatment of an infected tumor on my 12 year old dog. It appears to
be helping quite a bit. Whether it will totally eradicate the tumor is
yet to be seen. But the "oozing" and infected part of the tumor
has "solidiified" and appears to be drying up to a hard little
knot that is getting smaller and smaller every day.

My dog is too feeble for surgery. We had tried an antibiotic
(tribursin? (sp?) which helped reduce the tumor quite a bit. But the
anti-biotic seriously exacerbates another problem he has which is
degenerative myelopathy and which makes it somewhat
difficult for him to walk.
After discontinuing the anti-biotic, the tumor came back.
(He also was able to walk a lot better ... what a choice,,,)

I am extremely happy that the DMSO seems to be the least
harmful of treatments for him. Just prior to his evening
and morning walk, I dab some gel on the tumor so he won't
lick it off immediately because he is distracted by the
thought that he is about to go for a walk. He does
lick on it later after the walk, maybe 30 minutes or so later.
I was somewhat worried about this but all the other options
seemed so much worse than trying the DMSO.

I got the DMSO gel from Beyond a Century (which I
have no financial or any other kind of connection or
relationship with).
Price was about $9.00 for a 4oz jar.

Phone for Beyond a Century is 1-800-777-1324.
They also sell regular DMSO gel (70%) without Aloe
Vera for around the same price plus or minus
a dollar.

The label states "99.9% pure".
I can't tell if the brand name is "Nature's Gift"
or if this is just some marketing verbage on the
label.

Also on the label, is the usual disclaimers
such as "this product intended for use as a solvent
only...may cause skin irritation, avoid contact with
eyes,skin,clothing...keep out of reach of children..
etc,etc."

Also on the label:

"American Marketing, Inc., Rising Sun, In 47040
1-800-367-6935"

I repeat, there is no possibility for me to have any
financial gain from reporting this info. Just trying
to spread info to people who may be as desparate
as I was. I have no medical credentials whatsoever.
I'm not sure I would use this on a child if I had one
but I love my dog very much and I think this is
helping him a great deal.

--Alice A.

Prednisolone reduction in dog - can you help? Father Yod & YHW 13 Dog health 26 January 13th 09 12:19 AM
Cyst/Tumor ? Tony Dog health 2 December 13th 06 11:13 PM
2-part tumor Janet B Dog health 7 September 15th 06 08:27 PM
Chihuahua w/ either a tumor or a shunt.....need help! Jrwolf Dog health 0 June 26th 05 02:48 PM
12 year old GSD with mammory tumor House\O\Dogs Dog breeds 10 August 11th 03 05:42 PM