Need advice

Old September 4th 04, 07:53 PM
Davvee

Thanks for responding.

The original incident happened in my brothers backyard. My wife heard a big
yelp coming from our dog. Right after that she (our dog, not my wife) ran
into the house and onto my lap, where she stayed for the remainder of the
evening. we aren't sure about what hapened, but these dogs have been playing
every few days together for about a year and have always gotten along well.
My dog weighs about 22 pounds...the lab is 85.

Since then, she is very timid around other friendly dogs...jumpy....quick to
run away or hide behind me when we are on walks.

Today I spoke with my brother on the telephone to tell him about my dog and
suggest that we take the two on a walk tomorrow morning with hopes that she
might get comfortable again....when she heard my brothers dogs name (beleive
it or not) she got really weird and would do anything to get out of the
house. We have a fenced backyard...but she usually wants to be around my
wife and I...in or out. Today...she shakes at times, nervously...and if she
isn't glued to my side...she wants to be out of the house...in the rain.

The whole thing has got me befuddled...and I hope this is just a temporary
thing that might pass tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

Dave

"Handsome Jack Morrison"
wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:44:35 GMT, "Davvee"
wrote:

My one year old terrier cross was playing with a black lab last weekend

that
she has played with many times before. Somewhere in all the play she got

scare when the lab got a little to rough with her.

Could you elaborate on this a bit?

What happened, exactly?

Now almost a week later,
she's very timid of everything and doesn't even want to spend time in the
house...

Did the rough play occur in the house?

she's like she's scared of everything....especially the other dog
(my brothers very sweet lab.)

Could you elaborate on this a bit, too?

What do you mean by "scared of everything"?

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

"If Muslim religious leaders around the world will not publicly condemn

the
taking of children as hostages and their subsequent slaughter -- if those
"men of faith" will not issue a condemnation without reservations or

caveats
-- then no one need pretend any longer that all religions are equally

sound and moral."

Ralph Peters

When the killers come for the kids:
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/28066.htm

A Time For Manhood:
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/26628.htm

Hillary Clinton:"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the

common good."
http://tinyurl.com/2n6lr

The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler Little Green Footballs
http://nicedoggie.net/

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/
Glenn Reynolds - InstaPundit Mark Steyn
http://www.instapundit.com/ http://www.steynonline.com/
The Belmont Club Michelle Malkin
http://belmontclub.blogspot.com/ http://michellemalkin.com/
Don Luskin Rightwing News
http://www.poorandstupid.com/chronicle.asp

http://www.rightwingnews.com/
The Indepundit Victor Davis Hanson-Private

Papers
http://www.lt-smash.us/

http://victorhanson.com/index.html

Old September 4th 04, 09:26 PM
Tee

Get her to the vet asap. What you describe sounds like an injured dog, as
Debbie S pointed out. Shaking and a strange desire to be away from you &
the house (her comfort zone) is not good. Check her over (literally pick
her coat apart to see her skin over every square inch of her body) for any
scabs, discoloration of the skin, swelling, punctures, scrapes, etc. Gently
press around to see if you may be able to find a sore spot by watching her
reaction to applied pressure. Keep her hydrated and watch her stools for
signs of more trouble.

--
Tara