All Rottie?

Old March 28th 05, 03:29 PM
Pete

Default All Rottie?

http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/Doggie/

Anything besides pure Rottie in this one?

Old March 28th 05, 04:29 PM
Janet B

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:29:07 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

Anything besides pure Rottie in this one?

Yes.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old March 28th 05, 04:49 PM
Ronna

Yep. That is not a purebred Rottie.

Old March 28th 05, 08:00 PM
Liisa Sarakontu

"Pete" wrote in
om:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/Doggie/
Anything besides pure Rottie in this one?

Sure, there is no way that could be a 100 % Rottweiler. Up to 75 % yes, but
I'd say that it is 50 % Rottie, 50 % German Shepherd.

Non-Rottie stuff: color, far too much tan. Ears too light. Body too skinny.
Muzzle sligthly too long and light. And if that page is right and he really
is dd blue dilute (doesn't look like that in the pic, but some blues are
very dark and can be recognized as blues only in good light), he has to
have non-Rottie blood on both sides of his pedigree as I don't think that
Rotties have the d allele.

Liisa
Old March 29th 05, 03:53 PM
Pete

"Liisa Sarakontu" wrote in message
. ..
"Pete" wrote in
om:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/Doggie/
Anything besides pure Rottie in this one?

Sure, there is no way that could be a 100 % Rottweiler. Up to 75 % yes,

but
I'd say that it is 50 % Rottie, 50 % German Shepherd.

Non-Rottie stuff: color, far too much tan. Ears too light. Body too

skinny.
Muzzle sligthly too long and light. And if that page is right and he

really
is dd blue dilute (doesn't look like that in the pic, but some blues are
very dark and can be recognized as blues only in good light), he has to
have non-Rottie blood on both sides of his pedigree as I don't think that
Rotties have the d allele.

Liisa

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Old March 29th 05, 04:20 PM
Ronna

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Nope Not a purebred Rottie.

Old March 30th 05, 03:48 PM
Pete

"Ronna" wrote in message
oups.com...

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Nope Not a purebred Rottie.

True, I accept that.
Is there any Pit Bull Terrier in that lovely face?
The face just isn't long enough to look like GSD, although the coloring
makes sense.
Tks.
-Pete

Old March 31st 05, 01:59 PM
tony kujawa

"Pete" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Yes, he is WAY too small/skinny to be all Rott or Rott/Shepard. I'd say
he's got some Pit in him by the looks of the structure of the jawline. He
needs about 10-15 pounds on him.

Old March 31st 05, 04:12 PM
Ronna

True, I accept that.
Is there any Pit Bull Terrier in that lovely face?
The face just isn't long enough to look like GSD, although the coloring

makes sense.

I personally don't see any GSD in there, Pitbull is more likely.

Old March 31st 05, 04:20 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:59:36 -0500 tony kujawa whittled these words:

He weighs in at 60 lbs. if that changes anything.
Thanks.

Yes, he is WAY too small/skinny to be all Rott or Rott/Shepard. I'd say
he's got some Pit in him by the looks of the structure of the jawline. He
needs about 10-15 pounds on him.

His weight looks excellent. He could use more muscle, but more fat he
doesn't neet. People are constantly saying how "thin" and "fit" their dog
is when in fact it is overweight and not as fit as it could be.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/