seperation anxiety???

Old March 19th 07, 08:38 PM
Kdrake13 Kdrake13 is offline
Junior Member

Question seperation anxiety???

Hi,
I have a great coonhound mix named Daisy. We have had her for about 8 months and she is about 18 months old. We have been closing her in a room for the last 6 months while we are at work. She seemed to be doing great, had toys, water, a bed to lay on and look out the windows. About 3 weeks ago she started shredding things, the sheets, her blanket, the mattress pad. We have tried many things and can't figure out what has caused this change. She did this the first couple of weeks we had her, but hadn't in so long. The only thing that has changed in her routine is that we started taking her to play with the nextdoor neighbor dog in the evenings. Could she be hearing him in the afternoon (our neighbor gets home before us) and be getting anxious becuase she wants to go play? Does anyone have suggestions on how we can help her. We have had to put her back in her crate, which she seems ok with, and we aren't taking her over to play as much. More walks with us, less crazy time with Cooper. We were working to give her more freedom in the house.

Thanks,
Kristie
Old March 22nd 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
flick

Default seperation anxiety???

"Kdrake13" wrote in message

[...]

Has her behavior changed in any other ways?

She may be simply bored. I would crate her rather than allowing her to
destroy the furniture. If she has less freedom during the day, be sure to
exercise her more when you're home.

Is she spayed? I am wondering if this is "nesting" behavior, if she could
be having a false pregnancy.

flick 100785

Seperation Anxiety Quasi Dog behavior 6 February 17th 04 10:43 AM
Seperation Anxiety Quasi Dog behavior 0 December 9th 03 10:05 PM
seperation anxiety Phyllis-Take out mydog first Dog health 4 September 7th 03 02:32 PM
seperation anxiety Phyllis-Take out mydog first Dog behavior 2 September 7th 03 03:29 AM
seperation anxiety Phyllis-Take out mydog first Dog behavior 0 September 4th 03 12:01 PM