BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Old June 8th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
bethgsd

Default BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Sometimes when I read articles and discussions about breedbans, especially
pit bull bans, I wonder if the author isn't just a wee bit biased against
certain racial and/or socioeconomic groups.

The CEO of the Richmond SPCA has come out for breeding bans on rotts and
pits. After all, those people in that part of town are breeding them. gasp
and horrors!

Beth

Old June 8th 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

diddy wrote:

Because I believe Pitbulls ARE dangerous,

You were talking about doing it to your own dogs.

for the most part, with some
exceptions. But a correctly bred pitbull is agrressive.

Not toward humans. As for dog or animal aggression, there are
plenty of other breeds that will happily fight or kill other
animals. Pit Bulls are not unique in that. They are *dogs*, not
demonic killing machines.

--
Shelly
Old June 8th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

bethgsd wrote:

Do you not vote?!

Apparently not! And she cares do little for her own dogs that she
wouldn't even try to stop or change legislation that endangered
their well being or lives. *boggle* For someone who talks big
about shooting to kill anyone who tries to harm her animals, she
sure is spineless!

--
Shelly
Old June 8th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

bethgsd wrote:
Sometimes when I read articles and discussions about breedbans, especially
pit bull bans, I wonder if the author isn't just a wee bit biased against
certain racial and/or socioeconomic groups.

The CEO of the Richmond SPCA has come out for breeding bans on rotts and
pits. After all, those people in that part of town are breeding them. gasp
and horrors!

It's hugely classist and racist. That's one of the things that bugs
me about folks whose reasoning is similar to Diddy's. It's those
*Other* people who are the problem, dontchaknow?

And I don't believe for a moment that dog fighters are the only
people in Diddy's area who own Pit Bulls. It defies logic, for one
thing. The rural midwest is just not a seething hotbed of dog
fighting. I lived for a long time in Diddy's general area, though
across the state line, and believe me, all sorts of people own Pit
Bulls. A small percentage of owners might actually fight their
dogs, but it's not that common, and certainly *not* ubiquitous. I
tend to agree with JohnF, in that the real problem is not dog
fighters (though they should be punished when caught!), but hysteria
and ignorance.

--
Shelly
Old June 9th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
bethgsd

"Shelly" wrote in message
bethgsd wrote:

Do you not vote?!

Apparently not! And she cares do little for her own dogs that she
wouldn't even try to stop or change legislation that endangered their well
being or lives. *boggle* For someone who talks big about shooting to
kill anyone who tries to harm her animals, she sure is spineless!

--
Shelly

And given the legislation that is proposed now and again attempting to limit
certain aspects of gun ownership you would think that she would get
involved,if for no other reason.

Better to have a knee jerk reaction to those dog fighters and killer pit
bulls, doncha know.

Beth

Old June 9th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara

diddy wrote in
:

in thread : Shelly
shelly@cat- sidh.net whittled the following words:

Like I said, I was curious about whether or not you had followed
your "some breeds shouldn't be banned" sentiment to its logical
conclusion. I guess not.

BAD people have guns, so all guns should be banned.

And we all know you don't believe in this way of thinking....so I must
assume you're being sarcastic here. Fine. But what follows is confusing....

BAD PEOPLE have pitbulls therefore all pitbulls should be banned.

You have actually saud things very mych LIKE this. And, you've clearly
stated that in your area, you believe this very thing. I'm curious how you
hold such opposing positions on such similar mindsets.

ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE BAD, therefore all drug paraphanalia should be
banned.

Um, no one has mentioned this, and I don't know many people who believe
it....don;t really get the pont in bringing it up.

Tara
Old June 9th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara

diddy wrote in news:Xns9948C84CE6F15danny@
216.196.97.142:

in thread : Shelly
whittled the following words:
You would really harm
your dogs just because some assholes passed an insane law?

I don't consider it insane at all. I would accept a concession if the
teeth were pulled.

I would do a lifesaving procedure to my dog if it was required. YES.

I don't buy this for half a second.

If people were rallying to scapegoat your breed over all the others that
have done more damage, you would be out there doing seminars, showing off
your dogs' know-how and trainability, presenting your dog in front of city
councils and local government despots.

You would not read in the paper that they were coming after your breed, and
make an appointment to have Tuck taken in for a total tooth extraction by
that afternoon. That is just utter nonsense.

Tara
Old July 16th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Sionnach

"diddy" wrote:

I am VERY surprised the American cocker spaniel is not on the bite list
posted by Paul.

When and where did Paul post a "bite list"? It wasn't in this thread. In
this thread, he posted a list which puports to be of breeds that are banned
"somewhere in the United States".
Given that a goodly number of them are obviously local breeds and/or
"designer dogs" (the sort the ConKC registers), if the list is for real, I'm
guessing that quite few of those bans are in small local jurisdictions.

Which is not to say that I support breed bans in any way, shape, or form.

Old February 19th 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

I own 3 of these breeds =) We have an 11 yr old female boxer, a year and a half american bulldog male and a 1 yr old Presa Canario. Ive owned a doberman, pittie breeds, a rottie, german shepard etc. I think a lot of dogs are on this list bc of their size in general. The obviously will do damage if they bite. Most commonly you find small dogs with more actual aggression, and I mean that they will actually do something. Most larger dogs will bark to warn off ppl or animals. In my experience small dogs will actually act on it instead. But its not recorded as often of course bc its not a painful/destructive bite usually.

I will say from personal experience that our dogs are very trustworthy with children, amazingly so. The boxer and american bulldog have dog agression issues but that is my fault bc of the boxer being attacked when she was with a sitter once and I didnt train her properly after and then now I freak out when shes by a dog which does not help.

Our presa is a year old and the most amazing dog weve owned. Incredibly trained and smart. Very chill but goofy when playing etc. Shes amazing and a great protector if needed but is such an amazing family dog with no agressive bones in her body!

On Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:29:43 PM UTC-4, Paul E. Schoen wrote:
You may have seen this before, but I thought it would be good to post it
here. I was surprised to see some of the breeds, such as Golden Retriever,
Lab, and Airedale. So, from now on, Muttley is just a Mutt!

Paul and MUTTley

May 22, 2007

List Of 75 Banned Or Restricted Breeds - Is Your Dog On The List?
The Responsible Dog Owners Of The Western States (RDOWS) has just updated
the list of breeds that have been banned or restricted in the U.S..

All you dog lovers out there may just be in for a shock. BSL - or
breed-specific legislation and breed discriminstion- isn't just for
pitbulls or Rottweilers anymore

The RDOWS has tracked a list of 75 breeds of dogs that have been banned or
restricted - yep - that's Seventy-five. That's 75!

Just who or what is behind this breed ban frenzy?

Is your dog on the list of banned or restricted breeds?

Here's the deal...............

Media Frenzy Equals Breed Bans

And just who is pouring gasoline onto the fire, whipping up the flams of
pit bull hysteria? Who is driving the onslaught of anti-dog legislation?

Your local paper, TV or radio station - with innacurate reports than use
inflammatory language ("vicious" Rottweiler, "marauding" pitbulls, etc.)
and show UNRELATED footage of dogfights supplied by the Humane Society of
the United States.

Across the country - and indeed around the world - cities, counties and
local town councils are busy banning or restricting breeds instead of
punishing irresponsible behavior.

Here's what is happening:

Breed bans - an outright ban on owning a specific breed of dog
Breed-specific sterilization - owners are forced to spay or neuter animal
Breed-specific
Breed-specific insurance requirements - forces owners to obtain the
unobtainable "vicious" breed insurance - in reality this forces owners to
surrender dogs or move
Weight or size restrictions - banning dogs over an arbitrarily determined
weight or size - as in Fairfield, Iowa where all dogs over 100 lbs are
banned (St. Bernard, Irish Wolfhound, Great Dane, etc.)
BTW - your insurance company is happily waiting in the background too -
waiting to exclude coverage of your dog, waiting to drop your policy, or
waiting to outrageously raise your rates.

So - without further ado, courtesy of the RDOWS, here is the list of 75 -
count 'em - SEVENTY FIVE - banned or restricted breeds

List of 75 Banned or Restricted Dogs

1. AIREDALE TERRIER
2. AKBASH
3. AKITA
4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG
5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE
6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
7. AMERICAN BULLDOG
8. AMERICAN HUSKY
9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG
12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD
13. ARIKARA DOG
14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
16. BELGIAN MALINOIS
17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
18. BELGIAN TURVUREN
19. BLUE HEELER
20. BOERBUL
21. BORZOI
22. BOSTON TERRIER
23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
24. BOXER
25. BULLDOG
26. BULL TERRIER
27. BULL MASTIFF
28. CANE CORSO
29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD
31. CHINESE SHAR PEI
32. CHOW-CHOW
33. COLORADO DOG
34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER
35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO
36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS
38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
39. ESKIMO DOG
40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG
41. FILA BRASILIERO
42. FOX TERRIER
43. FRENCH BULLDOG
44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
46. GREENLAND HUSKY
47. GREAT DANE
48. GREAT PYRANEES
49. ITALIAN MASTIFF
50. KANGAL DOG
51. KEESHOND
52. KOMONDOR
53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY
54. KUVAZ
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
56. LEONBERGER
57. MASTIFF
58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF
59. NEWFOUNDLAND
60. OTTERHOUND
61. PRESA DE CANARIO
62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN
63. PUG
64. ROTTWEILER
65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
66. SAINT BERNARD
67. SAMOYED
68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND
69. SIBERIAN HUSKY
70. SPANISH MASTIFF
71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
72. TIMBER SHEPHERD
73. TOSA INU
74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD
75. WOLF SPITZ

How's that for scary?

NEW BREEDS Dee Dog breeds 10 September 26th 06 02:22 PM
GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? [email protected] Dog behavior 0 September 13th 06 11:00 AM
Saw two new breeds White Monkey Dog breeds 7 October 3rd 05 01:18 PM
Lab-like breeds?? Marcel Beaudoin Dog breeds 19 May 14th 05 01:10 AM
Goldens, colors and genes Darby Wiggins Dog breeds 22 January 21st 05 06:18 PM