Bassett hounds need a new home!

Old December 1st 04, 08:13 PM
McReynolds Design Group

Default Bassett hounds need a new home!

I have two basset hounds, one is 9 the other is 10, who need a new home.
After five years they still haven't gotten used to my children and have now
begun snapping from time to time when the kids get close. Otherwise we
don't have a problem with them. I really want someone who can take both
because they've been together all of their lives.

The 10 year old is brown and white and the 9 year old is tri-colored.
They're both still playful but our family's growing and I don't want a dog
that can't handle being around kids. Both dogs are great with teenagers and
older.

Please help!!! I don't want to have them put to sleep!

--
Mark McReynolds
McReynolds Design Group

Old December 1st 04, 08:41 PM
ceb

"McReynolds Design Group" wrote in
:

Please help!!! I don't want to have them put to sleep!

Then don't.

Have you seen a dog trainer? Most dog behavior problems can be solved.

--Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old December 4th 04, 05:39 AM
Jason Parrish

"McReynolds Design Group" wrote:

I have two basset hounds, one is 9 the other is 10, who need a new home.
After five years they still haven't gotten used to my children and have now
begun snapping from time to time when the kids get close. Otherwise we
don't have a problem with them. I really want someone who can take both
because they've been together all of their lives.

The 10 year old is brown and white and the 9 year old is tri-colored.
They're both still playful but our family's growing and I don't want a dog
that can't handle being around kids. Both dogs are great with teenagers and
older.

Please help!!! I don't want to have them put to sleep!

I hope you don't truly punish these dogs for your failure to properly
train and socialize both them and your children. If you are truly
decided on the course of action of rehoming them please contact the
nearest Basset Rescue to your location. You can find a list at
http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Pets/...p/Basset_Hound
/Rescues_and_Shelters/. Some accept owner surrenders, others don't;
most will work with you to help rehome in some way, though patience may
be required. Where did you acquire the bassets? If it was from a rescue
they will probably take them back.

Jason Parrish

Old December 4th 04, 05:44 AM
Jason Parrish

Jason Parrish wrote:

Here are some links. I chose this rescue based on the area code in your
signature. Here is North Texas Basset Rescue
http://www.bassetrescuedfw.com/. Of main interest is their owner
relinquishment page at
http://www.bassetrescuedfw.com/owner_release.htm.

Jason Parrish

Home inspections? Travis Roy Dog rescue 27 December 27th 04 05:29 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Dog breeds 0 November 10th 04 01:53 AM
Home Visit Checklist? mickael Dog rescue 13 September 30th 03 04:32 AM
Home Visit Checklist? mickael Dog breeds 0 September 25th 03 08:12 PM
Home Visit Checklist? mickael Dog rescue 0 September 25th 03 08:12 PM