Happy tails!

Old August 7th 11, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Default Happy tails!

I am glad to tell you the target specific meds for Aunti Mabel have
finally cleared her ears.

There is no sign of any infection and she is now only on a preventive
level of remicin with regular ear cleanings. They want us to keep up
the recmicin at 3 drops every 3rd day for a bit then trail off to once
a week in 2 weeks. Then, they will probably stop it totally after next
lab test results.

She goes back in a month for a lab test sent off to be *sure*. She
never needed a second set of (pill) antibiotics and her dose was low.

She's now chasing Cash around and he's lost weight to 54lbs. Looks a
little thin to me but vet says he's fine. He's one solid burled muscle
now.

Old August 7th 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

GREAT!

Jo

Old August 7th 11, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

--

That's good to hear. You must be relieved!

Ali

Old August 11th 11, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Alison wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

"cshenk" wrote in message
I am glad to tell you the target specific meds for Aunti Mabel have
finally cleared her ears.

There is no sign of any infection and she is now only on a
preventive level of remicin with regular ear cleanings. They want
us to keep up the recmicin at 3 drops every 3rd day for a bit then
trail off to once a week in 2 weeks. Then, they will probably stop
it totally after next lab test results.

She goes back in a month for a lab test sent off to be sure. She
never needed a second set of (pill) antibiotics and her dose was
low.

She's now chasing Cash around and he's lost weight to 54lbs. Looks
a little thin to me but vet says he's fine. He's one solid burled
muscle now.

--

That's good to hear. You must be relieved!

Yes, but more importantly is *she* feels good. Cash's ears are also
clear no of any evident sign of a yeast infection he tested out as
having. He had the same tests from the lab as she did since there
could have been a cross-infection (they sleep in sin together heheehe).

Ohh, Daisy-chan is now stalking the dogs. She wants to play 'chase the
doggies' which they enjoy. It's pretty funny to watch a 54lb and 28lb
dog chased by an 11lb cat.

Back later, I really should get a camcorder and u-tube this stuff.

Old August 11th 11, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Jo Wolf wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

GREAT!

Jo

Yeah,m we feel really good that she is at last solved. The poor old
lady has had enough ear pain in her life to exceed any nominal levels
to the point where she barely reacted to it unless cleaning was in
progress.

As you know, she came to us deaf and with ear infection issues. We
simply solved it at last. I wish we had found it earlier but those are
the breaks. Even the no kill shelter would have PTS'd her due to lack
of funds to deal with this by now for her own comfort.

As it is, she's now chasing Cash who has Dasiy-chan on his back but a
few minutes ago Daisy-chan was riding Aunti Mabel then before that I'm
pretty sure Cash was being chased by Daisy-chan with Aunti Mabel in
close persuit.

Opps, flopped! Now Aunti Mabel is being chased by Cash who's being
chased by Daisy-chan.

Snicker, life is good here!

Old August 12th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Char

On 8/10/2011 8:01 PM, cshenk wrote:
Cash's ears are also clear no of any evident sign of a yeast infection
he tested out as having. He had the same tests from the lab as she did
since there could have been a cross-infection (they sleep in sin
together heheehe).

Not likely. There is only a 1-2% chance of passing a yeast infection in
an ear to another dog. Your vet just screwed you out of more money. Nice
guy!
Old August 12th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Char wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

On 8/10/2011 8:01 PM, cshenk wrote:
Cash's ears are also clear no of any evident sign of a yeast
infection he tested out as having. He had the same tests from the
lab as she did since there could have been a cross-infection (they
sleep in sin together heheehe).

Not likely. There is only a 1-2% chance of passing a yeast infection
in an ear to another dog. Your vet just screwed you out of more
money. Nice guy!

Clueless Char, it was the *other* infections Aunti Mabel had that can
be passed which the vets were worried about so he was tested after her
results came in.

The tests were used to verify that he had nothing worse, which
fortunately he did not.

Old August 13th 11, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message

[...]

That made me smile. I wish Spyder (our cat) would find it in her evil heart
to play with Kiba, but all she does is spend her time plotting his doom. I
had no idea our sweet kitty was capable of such all-consuming hate, but she
has hated him from the moment he came home, and after four years is showing
no signs of thawing her attitude. Indeed, she gets more devious with her
ambushes and "smack and runs" every week! Do try and get some of your
beasties antics on video. I would love to see them.

Lurcher tails caroline Dog health 23 March 27th 09 08:46 PM
Lurcher tails Sharon Too Dog behavior 0 March 17th 09 05:21 AM
look for tails... pb Dog behavior 1 May 20th 07 04:36 PM
Waggin tails gets it... Tara Dog health 1 May 5th 07 08:07 AM
Tails of Woodstock mep Dog breeds 2 January 26th 06 05:10 AM