John's Pit Bull X Whippet

Old September 26th 13, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default John's Pit Bull X Whippet

On Wednesday, March 3, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, JazzSkin68 wrote:
John,

What does your dog look like? I knew somebody who had a Bulldog x
Whippet and it had the Bulldog body but "racier". It had a Whippet
expression and a finely tapering snout with Bulldog ears and masseters.

I always wondered what would be the results of crossing a Bulldog with a
Greyhound/Whippet because these are two "extremes" of athletic
phenotypes. Leon F Whitney crossed a Pit Bull with a Greyhound and it
had the Bulldog head, long slender limbs, a long whip tail, and a body
that was heavy at the front tapering to a slender rear end and a roach
back. (Side view only.) It wasn't in How to Breed Dogs, it was in
another one of his genetics books. (I think.)

hey John gotlimu4life Dog health 0 September 12th 06 01:53 PM
John Rogerson 10 Day Course in USA [email protected] Dog behavior 0 July 19th 06 12:22 AM
Help Fix Yet Another Pit Bull Image Problem! - JOHN [email protected] Dog breeds 1 January 2nd 05 06:07 AM
John Rogerson Seminar Leah Dog behavior 0 November 10th 03 10:11 PM
John Rogerson Seminar Leah Dog behavior 0 November 10th 03 10:11 PM