A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog health
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Yellow chalk like poop

Old November 4th 17, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Yellow chalk like poop

Hey guys! So I work ata pet store and usually get my Cocker Spaniel (8 years old) some Butcher Block Champs, like a femur basically and have never had any issues. Two days ago I came home with this massive Butcher Block Knuckle for fun and didn’t think anything of it for him and our Cocker Spaniel puppy (6 month).

I just took him out (8 year old) and he pooped out a massive, rock hard yellow turd. It looked funny so naturally I grabbed a stick to poke at it. The stick broke. I got another stick and when I finally cracked it opened it was like dust. Chalk. It’s weird. I walked around the yard and found another poop that look pretty new that also had a chunk of hard yellow chalk poop in it as well.

What would cause this? He sucked that knuckle clean in a few hours, calcium maybe? Our puppy had a knuckle as well and is fine. As I’m typing this though I realize that was a dumb mistake. I didn’t need two of these knuckles in the house when the puppy probably barely made a dent in the goods, I’m sure 8 year old sucked two knuckles clean that night..

I am a helicopter mom and he has REALLY bad luck, so I don’t know if I should panic or wait it out a couple of days though.

He isn’t acting strange, just as happy and go lucky as usual.

Help please!
Old November 17th 17, 03:19 PM

First recorded activity by DogBanter: Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hey guys! So I work ata pet store and usually get my Cocker Spaniel (8 years old) some Butcher Block Champs, like a femur basically and have never had any issues. Two days ago I came home with this massive Butcher Block Knuckle for fun and didn’t think anything of it for him and our Cocker Spaniel puppy (6 month).

I just took him out (8 year old) and he pooped out a massive, rock hard yellow turd. It looked funny so naturally I grabbed a stick to poke at it. The stick broke. I got another stick and when I finally cracked it opened it was like dust. Chalk. It’s weird. I walked around the yard and found another poop that look pretty new that also had a chunk of hard yellow chalk poop in it as well.

What would cause this? He sucked that knuckle clean in a few hours, calcium maybe? Our puppy had a knuckle as well and is fine. As I’m typing this though I realize that was a dumb mistake. I didn’t need two of these knuckles in the house when the puppy probably barely made a dent in the goods, I’m sure 8 year old sucked two knuckles clean that night..

I am a helicopter mom and he has REALLY bad luck, so I don’t know if I should panic or wait it out a couple of days though.

He isn’t acting strange, just as happy and go lucky as usual.

Help please!
Yes probably something to do with eating the knucke.

Last edited by WillisB : November 3rd 21 at 03:25 PM.