Stud service for Poodle in Tacoma Washington area

Old March 25th 18, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Stud service for Poodle in Tacoma Washington area

On Monday, August 16, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Manadero wrote:
Norman felt like saying:

I would like to find a stud for our toy poodle and do not know where
to start. She is regestered and will be going into her second heat
soon. Any information would be of help. Thank you.
Replay to me at

It is *obvious* from your message that you are new to this "dog breeding
thing", so I will offer some suggestions to help ensure that you produce
healthy, happy puppies and owners.

1. You say that this is her second heat, is she two years old? A bitch is not
considered fully mature until the age of two and should not be bred before that
time.

2. What titles has she earned? Conformation, obedience, agility? Poodles
excel in many arenas. Why title your dog? Because the people that buy your
puppies deserve to have a dog that looks like a poodle and acts like a poodle.
Titles show that your dog is competitive against other members of her breed and
that she has been deemed to be of breeding quality by someone other than
yourself.

3. Poodles have many health problems Dentition, Lux Patella, eye problems, etc.
Have you obtained the necessary health certifications to show that she does
not have these genetic defects? If not, you need to, all responsible breeders
do.

4. How many homes do you have lined up for your puppies? Good breeders always
have a waiting list. They also guarantee their dogs for life against genetic
defects and consider themselves responsible for the dog throughout it's
lifetime. (i.e. what are you going to do in three years when they call and say
they don't want the dog any more?)

5. Do you have a large amount of disposable cash lying around? Once you add
the costs of the genetic tests ($200.00), the stud fee for a good quality stud
($500.00++) a premium diet and vet prenatal care for your bitch ($250+) the
docking of the tails and removal of the dewclaws ($25.00+ per puppy), not to
mention age appropriate vaccines and worming ($30.00+ per puppy per visit) -
You will need to have their 6 and 9 week old vaccines done before they go. You
*do* know that toy breeds are not usually weaned and ready for new homes before
9-10 weeks, right? Oh and don't forget there may also be a $600.00+ emergency
C-section at 3 in the morning, your bitch may die in whelp or not be able to
nurse, and then you will need to be on standby to nurse the litter yourself
every 2 hours for weeks.

This is just an overview of *some* of the responsibilities of a good breeder.
Others include socialization, screening puppy buyers, clean-up and
sterilization of the area at *least* three times a day and on and on.

I would also like to mention that good breeders study their pedigrees and the
pedigrees of potential studs for months, if not years ahead of schedule in
order to pick the best possible match for their dog (reads - not the dog down
the street with papers) They don't say "Oh, she's in season, I have 10 days
(more or less) to find a stud"

Now that you have done all that, let me mention that taking all of the above
precautions can *not* guarantee a successful breeding. You may lose your
bitch, you may lose your puppies, you might lose them all.

In short, unless your bitch is such an exceptional representative of her breed
that you feel that you are genuinely making improvements to the breed as a
whole by breeding her...... then spay your pet and enjoy her. If you are
looking for a companion for her, try Poodle rescue, they always have *plenty*
of unwanted poodles bred by people just like yourself.......

Robin

So well said, BRAVO
Old May 21st 18, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
german shepherd

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 17:56:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

Yes,well said
And this goes for ALL back yard breeders.There was a tv poll here in
new zealand asking whether a local site trademe should be allowed to
advertise pups and there was an 80% responce.They barstards on that
site didnt take any notiice at all.Is just money for them.